Anyone got a pair of Tannoy Revolution R3's?

JIT

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm thinking about buying a pair of Tannoy R3 floorstanders. I currently have Tannoy 609's for my fronts which i'm thinking of using for rears to replace my 603's if i get the R3's. Anyone with the R3's got any opinions?

I have demoed the R3's, and they are VERY natural. I found them to be abit too "neutral" sounding for me. They dont over exaggerate any note. If you want a good finish, definatly choose these, they look amazing !

I chose the B&Ws 602 S3 over them, mainly because they suit my taste in music more.

Yes, I've got them and I love them!

They definately take a lot of running in, and can be considered a little light bass-wise (but they sound very natural) - I think neutral is a good term for these speakers.

They are superb for music, and I always think that good music speakers are always good for Home Cinema as well, whereas the reverse is not always true.

As you also noticed, the cherry finish looks sublime too :)

Originally posted by JIT
Hi, i'm thinking about buying a pair of Tannoy R3 floorstanders.
A friend of mine has a pair of Tannoy Revolution R2's in cherry finish that he is thinking about selling. Let me know if you are interested and I will run it by him.

He prefered the R2's to the R3's as he thought the bass was overpowering in the R3's.

Well let me know what sort of price he's thinking about and i might be interested, thanks.

Originally posted by JIT
Well let me know what sort of price he's thinking about and i might be interested, thanks.
OK - i will try and get a hold of him a nd I will let you know.

Spoke to my friend today and he is after £200 for his R2's.

They are boxed and they still have 3 years of a 5 year warranty period. The only reason he is selling is he is upgrading. Let me know what you think.

Thanks, but i got myself a pair of R3's & think £200 is a bit too much anyway.

Your friend doesn't happen to have the matching Revolution Centre does he as i am now looking for one to go with my R3's.

Originally posted by JIT
Your friend doesn't happen to have the matching Revolution Centre does he
You have pm.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom