1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a MJ Acoustics Pro 50?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Adele, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I quite fancy one of these (I think the living room's maybe too small for a pro 100 - 3.6m by 4m) and was wondering if any of you have a pro 50, and what your thoughts on it are?

I have a Denon 3802 and some old JVC speakers (which will be upgraded within the year!). But I fancied the pro 50 for a bit of extra punch (I have no sub at the moment)

Do any of you rate it?

Cheers,
    Adele.

2. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    got mine about a month ago.
    havnt set it up yet:( as im still doing my house out.should have it up and runing in about 2 weeks:D cant wait.its been getting some great reviews.its tiny also which is why i cincidered this one.
    and the price;)

cheers carl

3. jiml

jiml
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've had one for a couple of weeks but am now returning it - long story.

My fronts are mission 734 and using the sub was like having a loudness control. I could get bass at lower volume levels, but it didn't have the grunt in my room (12ftx22ft). It was good with music, but lacked the physical factor with movies and at high volume seemed to hit the limits. But it did make my DVD skip with Godzilla. I considered a second one, but I think I will try a Paradigm Servo15 instead.

However since I disconnected it tonight, I'm missing it. Build quality is very good.

Jim.