1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a JVC GRDX25EK

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by slewis1972, Oct 29, 2003.

1. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondered if anyone has a JVC GRDX25EK and if it was any good - compared with the Panasonic NVDS65B

Scott

2. shaqH

shaqH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was interested in one of these,anyone got any views on this model.My current camcorder (panny NV-DS15) is a great cam but bit on the bulky side by todays standards but i wonder if i will be trading spec (20Xoptical/0lux night shot/colour viewfinder)for size.Anybody?

3. woody67

woody67

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have the GRDX100 model, which is essentially the same except for a bigger ccd and memory card use.

If you do a search you will find my previous comments.

Only problems I have found is that menus are a bit fiddly to operate while filming and some of the menu items should be as buttons on the unit and not accessed via menus.

Otherwise a good cam for general use

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,388
    You will be compromising on the specs of a new camcorder. AFAIK there are no new consumer (sits back and waits to be corrected) camcorders that offer 20x optical zoom and none of the digital camcorders can do 'true' 0 lux (or even below about 3 lux). The results from 'nightshot' tend to be monochrome and/or very grainy and I have not heard of anybody that is satified with the results. Digital consumer camcorders just don't offer good quality low light filming.
    But this is a trade off against a camcorder that will fit in the palm of your hand and is very light in comparison.

Mark.

5. slewis1972

slewis1972
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it helps - took my wife to see it as she will be using the camcoder. She did not like the controls or how it felt in the hand. Plus point though was that it was very small.

She likes the Panasonic NVDS65B - so we are getting that.

Scott