1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a JL pricematch on Hitachi 7200?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by NewToyForXmas, Jul 26, 2005.

1. NewToyForXmas

NewToyForXmas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, has anyone been successful in getting a pricematch from JL on the Hitachi 7200? I have had a pricematch of £2,170 with Reading but reckon that there are better deals to be had.

I've also been trying to pricematch the PV500 and have been having no luck whatsoever there. I'm not sure if it's JL in Reading or my approach but their latest offer of £2,630 when I asked for £2,329 (HiSpex, St Albans) is a joke.

2. Muzzyboy

Muzzyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got this on a pricematch at John Lewis for £1908.01 with the free DVD player! and five year guarantee. :thumbsup: (waiting on stock to come in ) this is a cracking deal and for the money, I am really happy with my purchase ( this was price matched with TV and Video Direct: http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/product.php?xProd=1733)

3. NewToyForXmas

NewToyForXmas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the tip off ... I will give this a go tomorrow. G

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or you could go instore and pick one up today at richer sounds for 2k. do you really need a crappy dvd player when u got hd dvd round the corner. and with the warranty i really think 5 years is no different to having the warranty, do you really think theyll cover it for anything major?

5. Alan A

Alan A
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Official suppliers to Bolton???
    Not getting my money, the freaks :D :D

6. Stampax

Stampax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I didnt think you would be able to claim the free DVD player - i though JL wernt taking part in this promotion????

7. LCDC

LCDC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got JL Cheadle (Manchester) to pricematch with Richer Sounds for £1999.95 - I note there is a RS in Reading. Collected the TV last Saturday and am very impressed with it so far, especially running the Windows Media Player high-def demos through it from my laptop :thumbsup:.

8. Muzzyboy

Muzzyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    John Lewis are not taking part in the offer, :devil: I think the undersale lady was not sure of the details at the other store. She stated that they would pricematch the Plasma and as they stock the same portable DVD player then they would include that too.

I am yet to receive this portable DVD player as the shop is out of stock. But I collected the Plasma and got the pricematch :clap: and was told as soon as some of the DVD players come in stock I can collect this aswell :thumbsup:

9. NewToyForXmas

NewToyForXmas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spoke to TVandVideoDirect - very knowledgeable. Unfortunately the 7200 is out of stock so I won't be able to price match that. They are doing a cracking deal on the 7500 - £1,995 ... but I don't think JL stock it!! Sod's law.

JL have offered me £2,329 on the PV500 including pedestal stand, dvd recorder and delivery.

Oh what to do.