Anyone got a Husky?

Why not? If they go on holiday, better than taking him the kennels.

If I had to, I'd rather leave my dog with people who know how to handle and deal with dogs, than leave them with a friend who has never had a dog and might have had enough with it after a day or two - especially if I'm on holiday.

You don't just lend someone your pet :(

Why not? If they go on holiday, better than taking him the kennels.

Got a point, a lot of people do 'dog sitting' as a way of an income. Mind you if they had a little Cocker Spaniel they could take it on holiday to Tenby. Our's has even got her own seat in the Crown Inn.:thumbsup:

If you knew them well enough you would know if they "would have enough after a couple of days"

Not talking total strangers lol.

If you knew them well enough you would know if they "would have enough after a couple of days"

Not talking total strangers lol.

Huge difference between looking after a dog for a week and going round someones house and playing with it...

Unless I knew the friend was able, I would rather pay to ensure the dog had proper treatment, no matter how good the friend is. It's not like letting someone come feed your fish for a week.

Again that's why you use something called your judgement. If they're parents, with one staying at home then it's likely they'll be ok. But a student who goes out partying everynight and is a bit forgetful won't be.

There's more to it than just being around... do you own a dog yourself Berties?

No. But I doubt it's that hard, if you're willing to put in the time and dedication for that week. I certainly wouldn't have time for it, week would be fine though.

1) Water
2) Food
3) Walks
4) Play
5) Cleaning and grooming

A neighbour of a friend bought a husky puppy(i say husky as i know there are diffrent variations/breeds.)

They didn't have it long as it was howling at night and all the neighbours complained.Lovely looking dog but seem alot of hard work to me.I'm also looking at getting a puppy but personaly wouldn't consider a husky.

If I had to, I'd rather leave my dog with people who know how to handle and deal with dogs, than leave them with a friend who has never had a dog and might have had enough with it after a day or two - especially if I'm on holiday.

You don't just lend someone your pet :(

Rubbish Wayne :)

you would not lend your dog to someone who you did not trust > that much is obvious.

When we had our little cocker we let 5 or 6 friends "borrow" him over different holidays and he loved it. they also loved it as they had young kids who loved to walk him and play with him.

Brilliant way to let them see what kind of dog they want. in fact 4 of them now have dogs thanks to our little dog!

Rubbish Wayne :)

you would not lend your dog to someone who you did not trust > that much is obvious.

When we had our little cocker we let 5 or 6 friends "borrow" him over different holidays and he loved it. they also loved it as they had young kids who loved to walk him and play with him.

Brilliant way to let them see what kind of dog they want. in fact 4 of them now have dogs thanks to our little dog!

For me it's more than "trust", it's knowing they are perfectly capable of handling the dog for the time and not getting bored or fed up with it, it's knowing they will know what to do if any situation arises.

I wouldn't lend a dog, especially a husky, to any of my friends to they could have a trial run of it. I'd be happier putting them in a kennel where I know they will get proper treatment and exercise - plus interaction with other dogs while I was away.

For me a dog is a personal thing and while I would trust my friends, I would feel happier knowing the dog is somewhere with other dog lovers who will not get annoyed with it for trivial things.
Plus it would also depend on the dog, not just the people.

But lending a dog without going on a holiday is an absolute no - you don't just ask people if you can borrow their dog :p

Sorry, used to have one

Husquavarna TE610 supermoto.

I did say Sorry

Some great responses guys, really appreciate it.

At the end of the day, I am dedicated and would love to get one however as many of you have rightly said I need to know what I am up against.

I have four Husky's. Only wanted one but Wife was like we need to get two or they get bored etc... Well now we have four !!!

Will say they are not a dog for everyone.

If you want a dog to throw a ball too and walk at heal this breed is not for you.

My ones pull, pull, and pull even more. They will kill just about any small thing they can reach (on a lead) So far my our kill count is about 10 birds, 2 rabbits, 1 chicken, 2 dragonflys, and a goose's beak. NIGHTMARE !!! They dont curl up at your feet for cuddles etc.

Good points.

They dont make a lot of noise most of the time. That was the smoke alarm that set them off.
You get stopped on every walk and asked if they are Wolves.
and the big one. Do you like to hoover. If you do get a husky. I fill my Dyson every two days.

Magic.

Last edited:
Dony said:
Did you give her that name for the same reason the Beckhams called their son Brooklyn?? ;)

No, calling her bedroom didn't feel quite right. :)

LostFanBoy said:
Err just having a bit of banter with Grant no more no less ...

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as a grump, I'm on the app and can never remember the smiley codes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom