Anyone got a HT-SS1300?

adam-james

Standard Member
Reaction score
What is the build quality like?

Any problems?

I've yet to find a review.

as far as i am aware,no-one has it yet,as dates are still speculative,2-3/4 weeks till stock arrives,i think.

I spoke to Stoneaudio On Tuesday and they said they had a couple of SS models coming in around the 25th of May, but were allocated to customers. I wanted the SF (floor standing speakers) and they said they they had 2 of those coming in on the same day, but had not been allocated to customers. I called yesterday morning to place the order and was advised both SF models had since been allocated to customers.

Seems like some stock is trickling through.

There's also an ebay seller who has them listed and says will deliver in 4/5 days from placing the order.

Oh dear...

After psoting my previous message, I went to the sony store and now have a 40inch W4000 being delivered tonight, and can pick up the HT-SS1300 tomorrow, when it's expected in stock.

Very excited!

Excellent news. I'm going to check my local Sony store too, although earlier in the week they said they were expecting stock in 3/4 weeks.

Hello to all,

I'm new here and I am about to decide if I will get one of this in next few mounths.

In order to hide the speaker cables for the surrounds I'm going to get cables with 15 to 20 meters (don´t want cables in the middle of the living room).

My question is it possible others speaker cables other than the ones in the package?

Thanks

Hello to all,

I'm new here and I am about to decide if I will get one of this in next few mounths.

In order to hide the speaker cables for the surrounds I'm going to get cables with 15 to 20 meters (don´t want cables in the middle of the living room).

My question is it possible others speaker cables other than the ones in the package?

Thanks

Not unless you cut the sony plugs of the existing wires and reattach to the new ones.

Another post has already discussed this, have a look HERE.

Not unless you cut the sony plugs of the existing wires and reattach to the new ones.

Another post has already discussed this, have a look HERE.

If so, then it is better go to the Sony STR-DG720 or the future STR-DG820 with third party receivers...

Or not ?

Oh dear...

After psoting my previous message, I went to the sony store and now have a 40inch W4000 being delivered tonight, and can pick up the HT-SS1300 tomorrow, when it's expected in stock.

Very excited!

So how are things working? =)

So how are things working? =)

I'm told each time that it will be coming in their next delivery every time I walk into the store.

Can anyone confirm they really exist? I'm starting to wonder.

I'm told each time that it will be coming in their next delivery every time I walk into the store.

Can anyone confirm they really exist? I'm starting to wonder.

I ordered mine yesterday and deliverytime seems to be next week or the week after that. Sony seems to only have 1 delivery every week to sweden, thats what I heard atleast. :(

EDIT:
There are two versions btw. One with a complete system with satellites and one with floor standing speakers. I have ordered the one with sattelites, what about u?

I got my HT-SS1300 yesterday, i think its great but its my first suround sound system so i have nothing to compare it to.

I got my HT-SS1300 yesterday, i think its great but its my first suround sound system so i have nothing to compare it to.

Where did you get it from?

I'm ready to jump from the Sony Store ship as soon as another retailer is in sight (and in-stock!)

I got mine from Sony Style for £350 probally could have got it cheaper but i dont like waiting lol

I got mine at the weekend for £350 from the sony centre, probably could have got it cheaper but like previous post did not want to wait.
I am really please with it and welch whirlwind review of the 1200 model is a really good read.
Only problems i have encountered is when i want to auto calberate it it will not allow me to press enter to save it. Would be c
good if we could get a official review of this sytem though. But like i said welch whirlwind thread is really good and answered quite a few of my questions for me

I got mine at the weekend for £350 from the sony centre, probably could have got it cheaper but like previous post did not want to wait.
I am really please with it and welch whirlwind review of the 1200 model is a really good read.
Only problems i have encountered is when i want to auto calberate it it will not allow me to press enter to save it. Would be c
good if we could get a official review of this sytem though. But like i said welch whirlwind thread is really good and answered quite a few of my questions for me

Kev did you try the suggestions I made in your thread about the auto-cal issue/PS3 questions? Did it work?

hi welsh whirlwind the 1300 does not have a menu button on the front of the amp unless i am blind and cant see it as for the ps3 issue i just toook advice from your thread and when watching blu ray set at linear and bitstream for normal dvd
Your advice was a great help however still got the auto calabaration issue

hi welsh whirlwind the 1300 does not have a menu button on the front of the amp unless i am blind and cant see it as for the ps3 issue i just toook advice from your thread and when watching blu ray set at linear and bitstream for normal dvd
Your advice was a great help however still got the auto calabaration issue

I meant the 'Amp menu' button on the remote. Press that, then underneath the 'Amp menu' button you'll see another labeled 'auto cal' now press that one and auto cal should start. This worked for me!

sorry mate crossed wires i get the auto calabaration to start and then it calbarates everything however then it says press enter to save but none of the buttons on the remote will work only the on/off button

sorry mate crossed wires i get the auto calabaration to start and then it calbarates everything however then it says press enter to save but none of the buttons on the remote will work only the on/off button

No seriously, I know what you mean. This happened to me when I pressed the 'Auto cal' button without pressing 'Amp Menu' first. When I did press 'Amp menu' then 'Auto Cal' I was able to save the settings by pressing the centre select button. Before doing this nothing worked (aside from the on/off button)
If the above is exactly what you are doing, then hey, I can't really help. But this worked for me.
Maybe it's also worth selecting auto cal via the amp menus found by pressing 'Amp menu' then scrolling down until you reach '8. Auto Cal' and selecting it that way...

Yes, but a saving of £80 for waiting two more days, that would buy me another eight BD's or twenty SD's. Know what I would rather have.

:D

Hi whirlwind thanks for your help i think i have now managed it and it is what you said when i saved it said pcm 48 khz whatever that means, but at least i think i have cracked it, now i just need some blu ray's (only got one bladerunner) to truly show off the performance of the 1300. Am looking for planet earth, die hard 4, kingdom of heaven and will be looking forward to the rambo boxset coming out this month. Also those of you who have the 1300 system what are your first thoughts and opinions.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom