Anyone got a Hauppauge DEC-2000T ??

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by probedb, Aug 21, 2003.

1. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I've got one of these and they're generally OK as a set top box.

But has anyone tried to use the software ?? It's appalling, the latest version of the software which is supposed to have timed recordings doesn't work, even they acknowledged this to me in an email. It's really bad having to resort to 3rd party software to use it as a digital VCR on the PC.

Also does anyone have any problems with the thing crashing occasionally and having to be unplugged ??

Ta :)

2. CSK

CSK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have one, and I have the same probs as you, gotta say im not impressed at all. Have you flashed to the new firmware revison 1.05 (can only be found on the German website - god only knows why!!!) and also installed the latest software version 2.15a?

These updates do provide more stability, sort of!!

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Yeah I got the new firmware, odd that we can't upgrade to the very latest firmware tho !

Installed 2.15a, won't do timed recordings at all, if the box is on it creates the file but never actually writes anything to disc, if the box is off I get the normal - device not found - error message.

Most annoying !!!

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my PC that I use for PVR stuff and will be hoping dvrec works properly this time :)

4. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm thinking of buying one of these, but not if they don't work. Have you resolved these problems yet. Another question: can you play back from the PC to the TV via the USB port?

5. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I've just moved house and have no digital again so can't comment, I wasn't overly happy with it and wished I'd got a dedicated set top box and a separate digital card for the computer.

And you'll need a TV out on your gfx card to watch it on the TV.

HTH.