Anyone got a guess as to when the Map Pack will be announced

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
Its getting to that point where I am looking forwards to the Map Pack...

Anyone got any ideas when it will be released, or at least some firm details will be announced?

Jon

Edit: Looking back at COD4, it was released in Nov and the Map Pack came out in April, so assuming the they are adhering to the same schedule, i guess we have a little wait yet!

Last edited:
At least another three months id say, they wont be in any hurry. Itll be a ridiculous price too no doubt, and have pants maps just like karachi :thumbsdow

I'm sure it was announced a few months prior to MW2 being released that XBOX had an exclusive deal to get the map packs before the PS3 crowd. How long before I don't know. Surely someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

I'm sure it was announced a few months prior to MW2 being released that XBOX had an exclusive deal to get the map packs before the PS3 crowd. How long before I don't know. Surely someone will correct me if I'm wrong...

No doubt they will, the favoured programming console. If i still had the 360 version id be ok but i sacrificed it for the ps3 version. Itll be Fallout 3 DLC all over again :thumbsdow

Karachi is the only map I do well on ?

Dave.

Very rarely do well on karachi, too many places for people to come from

Yes it was:smashin: Xbox will get any DLC first, don't think it was ever said what the delay will be before they come to PS3.

Activision may want to follow the same timeframe for DLC as they did with WaW?
*Edit - just had a look back and the first WaW map pack came on March 19th

I am assuming that Activision have some input of course.:D

Last edited:
Yes it was:smashin: Xbox will get any DLC first, don't think it was ever said what the delay will be before they come to PS3.

Activision may want to follow the same timeframe for DLC as they did with WaW?
*Edit - just had a look back and the first WaW map pack came on March 19th

I am assuming that Activision have some input of course.:D

To be honest, I don't even mind if it is on the 360 first.. I just want info as to what they are going to do on the DLC side! It would be nice if they decide to do more than just a few maps? Perhaps some more special ops modes?

At the end of the day, Treyarch set the standard with DLC by giving 3 maps and a zombie mode.. I would hope that MW2 follows this and adds to it!

Jon

Hopefully they wont be full of glitches either, xbox versions usually run smoother than PS3 counterpart. Price will be an issue too. Maybe i should crack on with spec ops if they release some more, completed them all on 360 but none so far for PS :thumbsdow

if they wait as long as they did with WaW then i'll be done with this game.

i had done presitge twice by then and to be honest i'm getting bored with MW2 quicker than WaW.

i had been plodding along nicely till last week and i can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo now. if i put another full clip into somebody only to see them walk away or shoot me and then see the +100 after i respawn i'm for putting the controiller through the window. :thumbsdow

I think i read XBOX users will get it a week before PSN.

Yea, the exclusive is a week. At a rumored cost of $20 million. Probably money Microsoft has laying around from its paid live service that should be free.

I'd say it will be exclusive longer then a week for Xboxers, I'd say a month or two at least :(

Wouldn't it be awesome if they included a zombie mode in the map pack, except the setting was in Terminal, where all the innocent civilians you killed in the "No Russian" mission are the zombies who want revenge :rolleyes:

Oh well, I can dream :D

Wouldn't it be awesome if they included a zombie mode in the map pack, except the setting was in Terminal, where all the innocent civilians you killed in the "No Russian" mission are the zombies who want revenge :rolleyes:

Oh well, I can dream :D
I'd rather have vampires. Something new.

Rumour

Some chap found the DLC already completed on an IW server, video was on youtube.

A day after he posted it his xbox and gamertag were banned by IW and he got a personal msg from FourZeroTwo saying something like IW will take legal action if he reveals further details.

There were 2 map packs

Classics from COD4, in total 4 maps. Shipment, Vacant and Crossfire were 3 of the 4 I remember seeing.

New Map, again 4 in total. The Whitehouse is one I remember

Rumour

Some chap found the DLC already completed on an IW server, video was on youtube.

A day after he posted it his xbox and gamertag were banned by IW and he got a personal msg from FourZeroTwo saying something like IW will take legal action if he reveals further details.

There were 2 map packs

Classics from COD4, in total 4 maps. Shipment, Vacant and Crossfire were 3 of the 4 I remember seeing.

New Map, again 4 in total. The Whitehouse is one I remember
Shipment can blow me, but the other two would be sweet to see, especially vacant!

I'd rather 4 new maps. The COD4 maps were smaller than these ones (feel that way anyway) so there will be some terrible games with air support ownage on the cards.

My guessing levels from the game that arent on MP yet.

Oil Rig?
White House? (as rumoured above)
Burger town level?

I'd rather 4 new maps. The COD4 maps were smaller than these ones (feel that way anyway) so there will be some terrible games with air support ownage on the cards.

My guessing levels from the game that arent on MP yet.

Oil Rig?
White House? (as rumoured above)
Burger town level?

Snowmobile and Boat Racing.:smashin:

c'mon who wouldn't want that?

the whitehouse would be a real campfest

DanDruff84 said:
the whitehouse would be a real campfest

Everyone waiting in the oval office for monika lewinsky :D

Plus if it included the grounds it would be like a bigger version of Estate, everyone fighting for control of the House.

Everyone waiting in the oval office for monika lewinsky :D

Plus if it included the grounds it would be like a bigger version of Estate, everyone fighting for control of the House.

sold.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom