1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a DRH Easy Screen ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dr_Mike, May 25, 2004.

1. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Is anyone out there using a DRH 'easy' pull-up floorscreen ? What are they like ?

I'm looking for a pull-up 16:9 screen, and the only choices seem to be the DRH easy or one of the Draper models, although these are about £100 more, even though they look almost identical.

2. Supernatural

Supernatural

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would also be interested in hearing from anybody that has one of these screens. I have a cheap pull up screen from ebay that has the one pole in the centre to hang the screen on. It has developed wrinkles.

The Easy screens look like they would wrinkle less because of the support at the back. Is that the case?

Paul

3. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,473
    Hi guys, sorry for not replying to this earlier, but just back from me hols! Bought an Easy Screen last year - the 173cm by 97cm one for £398.
    Had no problems whatsoever - goes up and down in 2 seconds, mechanism seems robust, and no wrinkles (although I have to say that it is not 100% flat like a permanent wall mounted screen). It is way better than the simple 'fix a pole to the back' type though.
    If you want any more details, let me know, or pm me your email addresses and I'll try and get a couple of photos.
    Cheers
    Phil

4. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks Phil,

Just a couple of questions,

How 'white' is the screen ? Is it white-white or more of a grey. I'd be going for the small 145x81cm one, so image brightness isn't likely to be an issue, but room darkness might be so I think grey is prefferable to white (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Also, whats the approx distance between the two feet which come our perpendicular to the body. I'd need to put the screen right up against my TV, with the feet running either side of the stand. (I suppose it would be different on the two different sizes but i could make a guess for the smaller size).

-Mike

5. Philly112

Philly112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,473
    Using my whiteometer, it looks pretty white white to me! The distance between the legs is 130cm, with each leg 6cm wide and 42cm long when extended. I seem to remember phoning DRH up with the exact same question, so if you decide to go for one, I'm sure they will tell you the exact distance of the one you want.
    Cheers
    Phil

6. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16