Anyone got a BK Minotaur?

kahunaav

Am seriously thinking of ordering one of these subs, anyone recommend it or have any gripes about it? :smashin:

Lewis123

£50 more will get you a BK Gemini. As far as I have heard BK are a very good company so I dont think you should have any real problems.

Wait for someone who knows better to come along though.

kahunaav

yeah I saw that although the gemini is supposed to be very good am concerned it will be a bit too meaty for my requirements, the room its going into isnt huge and I do have neighbours on one side, plus its going to be hidden under a table so the small size of the minotaur would be ideal (usual wife requirements) :rolleyes:

Ian J

Banned
Have a close look at the pictures and specs of the Minotaur then have a close look at the specs and pictures of the multi award winning MJ Acoustics Pro 50 :)

kahunaav

hehe thanks Ian, am not surprised do they also make the Vita's for Ruark do you know?

gerbilly

Ian J said:
Have a close look at the pictures and specs of the Minotaur then have a close look at the specs and pictures of the multi award winning MJ Acoustics Pro 50 :)

Then have a look at the 550 quid difference in price!!:eek:

If I told the wife I was spending 700 pound for a sub she would execute me!!:rotfl:

Jiffycom

gerbilly said:
Then have a look at the 550 quid difference in price!!:eek:

If I told the wife I was spending 700 pound for a sub she would execute me!!:rotfl:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the price difference more like £150? :confused:

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
REL Quake for teh win!!...sorry..heh....overpriced probably compared to minotaur but mine was good fun :)

(is it bigger than the minotaur?......havnt checked the specs out yet on that sub.....lol)

fatrich

just ordered a Minotaur for my little room, should be here in a few days will report on my findings

cheers

richard

S

Stormuk

I've got one, running from the bi amp output on my Shearne Hi Fi System.
Was worth every penny, child friendly,Wife friendly:clap: Not dog friendly when you play something like Twister useing the two floorstanders and the sub - He hates thunder and lightning:rolleyes: Waiting to get my copy of Perfect Storm back.:)
Have mine set up on a carpeted concrete floor using the supplied spikes, and am still experimenting with the settings but have main volume set at about 45%.
Also works well with music- Dire Straits- Money For Nothing on the turntable, Also a track I would personally recommend people to try is Relax- Frankie Goes to Hollywood.:smashin: :thumbsup:

kahunaav

fatrich said:
just ordered a Minotaur for my little room, should be here in a few days will report on my findings

cheers

richard

Hi Richard,

How are you getting along with your minotaur?

fatrich

Hi
i recieved it last week, but alas its still in the box i havent even opened it yet.I will get it out this weekend and krank it up for you and report back

richard

lurcher

I got one in black last week to match the YSP 800 I had recently purchased.
Its my first sub so I"m not really up to speed setting it up.
However I had War of The Worlds on whilst adjusting.
Its on a carpeted wooden floor and I think I need to isolate it somehow because I"m getting vibrations, got it turned down quite low.
Appreciate any advice on settings/stand for it.

fatrich

Sorry guys, i have had it out of the box but my new little cinema room is not finished yet, i will report back when i get it up and running
if any of you are local you are more than welcom to have a look
regards

richard

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom