Anyone got a Barclays USD dollar account

jouster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to open a USD account and wonder if people have any experience with Barclays in particular.

Cheers in Advance.

I have used fair fx the last few years, been really handy just taking out a bank card instead of loads of cash when out shopping etc

Need to open a USD account and wonder if people have any experience with Barclays in particular.

Cheers in Advance.
Opening from the UK or US?

Business or pleasure? :)

No this is to bank dollar proceeds from share sales in turn allowing use of a money broker to save a £1000 in rubbish exchange fees

Just been informed there will be up to a 6 week wait (now been told It's actually 8 week wait) for the cheque to clear due to size which is rather annoying. Not sure how I can get around this but will enquiry

Last edited:
#firstworldproblems :laugh:

#firstworldproblems :laugh:

So for anyone who cares or may have been in the same position this option is pretty rubbish but is the same anywhere.

So opening an account anyway and then asking share side to issue an electronic payment instead. Fingers crossed they can do something

Just been informed there will be up to a 6 week wait (now been told It's actually 8 week wait) for the cheque to clear due to size which is rather annoying. Not sure how I can get around this but will enquiry

Usually you can't as it is either sent for collection or negotiation depending on the drawing bank/receiving bank and amount involved.

Usually you can't as it is either sent for collection or negotiation depending on the drawing bank/receiving bank and amount involved.

Appears my other options are to get cheque cancelled (at my cost of Course) and then have it wired in dollars or sent in a GBP cheque. Will see what they say

Where is this money coming from? 1993? :D

Just wondering what all these cheques are about :)

I sold some shares and they still send out cheques (it's America so the bequest is still very popular there)

Crazy

I have no doubt it would be identical. I also bank with HSBC, Nationwide and Santander so any would be fine. Barclays just happened to be simple (took 5 mins and had to sing a piece of paper)

The clearing system is still the same regardless

All sorted. New bank account details sent to broker. Cheque being cancelled and dollars being wired. Only 2 week wait instead. Very happy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom