1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a B&W CDMNT setup with Denon 3802?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Adele, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been trying to decide on speakers for ages...and my budget seems to be creeping up and up!!

I was wondering if anyone has the B&W CDMNT home cinema package running along with a Denon 3802 amp - and if so, how happy are you with this. Is it a good combination? What sub would go with this setup (v small room - not looking for thunderous bass!) - or could I get away without a sub in a 3.7m by 4m room?

Comments gratefully received!
    Thanks,
    Adele.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I had the forerunners of these speakers (CDM 1SE) for a few weeks with a Marantz amp. They are lovely looking and very musical speakers and I only sold them on as the matching centre speaker was too big and the wooden veneers didn't go well with chrome and glass.

One of the fellows who lists his kit in his signature has the CDMNT speakers and I think that it may be mjn.

I am sure that he wouldn't mind you sending him a PM asking for his opinion.

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,184
    Yep, i've got the SNT and the CNT, although i'm not using them with a Denon amp.

Good points; they give a very warm sound, and superb clarity in voices, and can handle all types of films, at any volume.

Bad points; styling not to everybody's taste and they are quite big, and they need a fairly powerful amp to get the best out of them.

4. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am using some of the cdmnt range.
    I was using them with a Denon AVC-a11sr.
    Quite frankly thay all sounded lovely,then an Audiophile "type" friend came round and said I was missing mid-base.He said the low bass was there but I was losing mid bass.
    I didn't notice anything.
    I then demo'd the speakers with a Tag 5*100r (officially less power than the Denon) and the speakers sounded even better.(they came to life)
    I then bought the Tag gear.
    Regards

5. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your comments - I suppose I won't really know the answer to my question until I get a demo!

6. Pootle

Pootle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would defintely recommend listening to the speakers with your typ of amp first, my Nautilus speakers sound quite attrocious with some amplifiers, and totally wonderful with others.