• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone got a 55inch lcd ?

gill957

Banned
I am thinking on buying the 55 inch Samsung B656 as i can get this within my budget - just wondered if anyone has this tv ?
I already have a 42 inch plasma and decided i definately wanted lcd this time and full hd (plasma is only hd ready -over 3 years old now)
Any opinions ?

Last edited:

ThickyCat

Standard Member
The B656 is getting good reviews in the smaller screen sizes, but I've not seen much on 55". Apparently my UE55B7020 (actually outside my budget, but my finance controller said 'yes' after she saw one!) is arriving on Tuesday so I should be able to give a real-world opinion then if that helps.

viewmaster

Standard Member
I have just upgraded from my 50" plasma to the UE55B7020 55" & can honistly say it is amaizing once set up when it arrived the colours & picture settings needed adjusting.
The blacks are so deep compared to my previous hd ready plasma & with the gain in resolution there is still an improvement even on sky HD you can see so much more, it is like watching new films especially bluray films.
Only dissapointment for me was that at the moment the internet widgets are limited but as I have it networked I can still access my own pictures directly accross my home network.:clap::clap::thumbsup:

gill957

Banned
Having internet on the tv didn''t bother me -i just want it for dvds tv /sky hd- this was within my budget and the 7 series for the 55 inch was £1000 more :eek:- so definately out my budget .
It was the fact also my plasma is over 3 years old and only 720/1080i and i have a samsung blu ray player and not getting the full benefit .

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom