Anyone good with Lightwave automations?

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to set up a lightwave automation, so that when the light is off and the power off button is pressed, rather than do nothing I would like the light to come on at 10% brightness. Is this possible? I cant seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Yes. Use an If-Do event: If switch is on AND brightness is 0%, set brightness to 10%.

I use a similar automation, but I find ‘if switch is off and 0% set brightness to 1%’ works pretty well. This was specifically to get around holding ‘off’ turning the switch off and setting it to 0. It made it tricky to hit the lowest brightness otherwise.

Yes. Use an If-Do event: If switch is on AND brightness is 0%, set brightness to 10%.

Unfortunately this isn’t working. It only works with the top (on button), and only works once for some reason.

Also I don’t think I explained myself very well.

A single gang LF switch has two button, and on and and off below it. I want to make use of the bottom off button, not the top one. When the light is ‘off’ it’s effectively a dead button, so why not make use of it

So...

If the light is off, and I press the top power button, the light comes on at 100% as normal. No functionality change there.

If I then, while the light is on, press the bottom (off button) the light switches off. Just like normal.

However, if the light is off and I press the off button (which by default does nothing, because it’s already off) then the light actually comes on and sets the brightness to 20%.

Does that make sense?

I’m not sure it can be done, as I can see no way to specify which button is being pressed. I hope I’m wrong!

That’s not possible. See my last few posts here:

In short while already off, the off button doesn’t search any automations when pressed.

If you have a spare switch you have a few more options by storing the state in the dimming. If you have a single gang switch then you have a few more options storing the state in the LED colour, but in both cases you have to use the on, and on,on switches to do it.

That’s not possible. See my last few posts here:

In short while already off, the off button doesn’t search any automations when pressed.

If you have a spare switch you have a few more options by storing the state in the dimming. If you have a single gang switch then you have a few more options storing the state in the LED colour, but in both cases you have to use the on, and on,on switches to do it.

Thanks. It’s a real obvious missed opportunity
IMO.

I could ask LF to add it to their firmware, but we know that’s a waste of time.

I’ve also checked if the dimming value reduces while off. It does not.

But why not set the brightness level when switched on to 20% or whatever default value you wish? Press On once more to set to 100%, which is standard in the firmware.

The only way to do it is keep the switch on, and fake it being off by setting the LED to red and brightness to 0.

this will only work on single gang though as led colour can only be set on all gangs. Also you will lose the brightness that it was on when you turned it off.

it’ll be a mess :p

on a side note would have been nice if they left us a variable to store state in for automations.

does anyone know how to prevent future automations?

basically I’m trying to do this:

If A then B, stop
if B then C, stop

without the stop if A then B would trigger, this B would then trigger C so it would become if A then B and C

order for automations doesn’t see to do anything.

Ah no, I fell into this trap myself by trying to get different automations to do different things for the same circuits. If the logic overlaps, it's likely that the automation you did not intend to prevails. The fix is to make the logic unique so they can't overlap, then it should work. This led to some compromises in my configuration, but nothing that I can't live without.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom