Anyone gone from a PC to iMac then back to a PC?

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone gone from a PC to iMac then back to a PC? Just wondered really. Went from a PC to imac but 12 months on still not sure so thinking of going back to a PC.

If you are more comfortable using Windows than OS X, then I think that would be a justifiable reason to move back to a PC. I like using both OSes and wouldn't forgo one for the other. Everyone is different.

There is no need to justify why you might want to move back to a PC. It's what you like that counts, not the rest of us.

Last edited:
Not really sure I understand your comment, the only reason I would move back to a PC is purely for Windows and no other.

Of course if you need Windows, you wouldn't have to go and buy a PC, because you can run it on your iMac via Bootcamp

Last edited:
Was more aimed at the op after your comment about needing justification.

I just said that if you don't like it then move back to a PC. Nothing wrong with that.

I think its the bookmarks, browser tabs thing im not keen on, im on windows 7 on my pc and its easy to use/navigate/open tabs etc.

I think its the bookmarks, browser tabs thing im not keen on, im on windows 7 on my pc and its easy to use/navigate/open tabs etc.

Surely that's more to do with which browser you use and how you configure it, rather than OSX?

.????? Seriously that is your reason? I was expecting something big or major. As someone already said, surely that depends on what browser you use, or understand which key presses to use. Man, the keyboard, combined with trackpad it is so quick and fast.

But hey what is important is what you enjoy using. Be careful with windows 8 ;) now that is really different.

Windows 8 = Windows 7 + "Metro" UI Start Screen (which you can skip if you don't like it). Nothing different at all.

Windows 8 = Windows 7 + "Metro" UI Start Screen (which you can skip if you don't like it). Nothing different at all.

Missing the point. Heck you can configure os, Linux etc to do whatever you want to do. That is not the point at all and just argumentative.

I didn't mention anything about configuring Windows 8, its just Windows 7 with a start screen, which you can skip as necessary (no configuration needed). Windows 8 is not that different at all - Like you say, we don't want to get off topic.

Last edited:
.????? Seriously that is your reason? I was expecting something big or major. As someone already said, surely that depends on what browser you use, or understand which key presses to use. Man, the keyboard, combined with trackpad it is so quick and fast.

But hey what is important is what you enjoy using. Be careful with windows 8 ;) now that is really different.

Oh yes,the trackpad,very nice and cool to use,flicking between pages,easy to highlight things,....i used a windows lappy a couple of weeks ago,running win7,i forgot how longwinded it is.....1 example,deleting programs,,just remeberd,then theres the antivirus,(bugs me to think how much it mightve been hindering the cpu speed),..but,if you like it,you like it!!what else is there to be said really,but no,i dont know anyone that has had a mac,then thought,mmm,think ill go back to windows.
One of my mates,was having the need for an upgrade of laptop,she went for a Macbook pro 13",loves it.

The only other reason to go back to a PC is if money is tight, Apple are bespoke products that carry a premium.

I'm in the process of doing this... but only temporarily and only because I shot myself in the foot by letting go of my MBA to early and now splitting desktop with the plan to buy a 13" rMPB & Mac Mini but waiting for Haswell on at least the rMBP and/or until WWDC keynote before I make any decisions on the Mini.

In the mean time I'm on an old Windows laptop running Xubuntu :)

I've been with Macs for the last 10yrs but when my current one dies I'm going back to Windows. For me only reason is cost. Here in New Zealand the premium for Apple products is just too much to be able to justify any longer, and not having an apple store means apple support is crap. 6 weeks for a logic board repair on a 2011 Mbp for example from THE apple service agent.

And maybe start a thread later entitled "iMac to PC then back to a Mac" ? Just a thought (and possibly a laugh :D )

It wouldn't surprise me that people have done that either. (especially those that may have come into some money)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom