Anyone going to take the A2 CofC course?

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Just wondering if anyone is thinking of taking the A2 CofC course as an Online Cert, some good deals kicking about?

I'm on the fence at the moment, where I live, and where I normally fly, it isn't going to affect me much

But I suppose it could be quite handy, just in case someone decided to come up tp me about how far away I am to people/houses.

I have also found out that al our 'Legacy' drones now will resort back to the A3 Rules in 2022, and won't receive the full 5 years advantage from the Cert (unless you upgrade) :(

I don't know about anyone else, but I've spent a fair bit of money on my Drone equipment, and won't be upgrading in 2022.

These new rules have well and truelly dampened my fantastic hobby, but will keep Droning safely and away from people/buildings :)

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
You might want to look at article 16 flying by joining fpvuk , £20 a year and that gets you £5 million off public liability insurance , it’s an option with considering , what drone have you got ?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Once we can get out again , I’ll almost certainly be doing article 16 for exactly the reasons you posted earlier , I’ve got £1500 in a Smart Controller and MA2 , they won’t be getting changed anytime soon ....

Chanc3

I'm currently 53% of my way through an A2 CofC online course. Very similar to the flyer ID quiz, so a little tedious having to repeat much of it. I'll be flying recreationally and for work, so thought I'd get it in place now. Going to be flying many drones under 2KG, so need it in place. Probably GVC next.

So much choice out there in terms of provider for the course, but I'd steer clear of the cheapest ones, as they're just looking for fast turnover and lack decent support.

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
I'm currently 53% of my way through an A2 CofC online course. Very similar to the flyer ID quiz, so a little tedious having to repeat much of it. I'll be flying recreationally and for work, so thought I'd get it in place now. Going to be flying many drones under 2KG, so need it in place. Probably GVC next.

So much choice out there in terms of provider for the course, but I'd steer clear of the cheapest ones, as they're just looking for fast turnover and lack decent support.

Yeh I’ve noticed it’s as low as £59 now for the Cert

Chanc3

Can do it for free now, but you then pay for your certificate.

I'm doing mine with iRed and it's good, but the platform they use for it is a little tedious to navigate. Paid £99 Inc vat for it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom