Anyone going back to the cinema on Monday ?

Don't know what you're implying there.

But the likelihood is it's 100% true.

No better film for homo-erotica than the mighty Top Gun.
Until they adapt this into a movie:

jet.jpg

Should be joining the local Limitless gang for Nomadland or Judas And The Black Messiah on Thursday 🍿

Nice to see up our newly refurbished Odeon Luxe open for movies again, after spending the past few months as a vaccine hub!

Have now booked Sound of Metal, Spiral and Those Who Wish Me Dead.

And the Unlimited screening of Another Round.

Can’t wait to get back to cinema one of biggest things I’ve missed

Right, booked for Those who wish Me Dead, Mortal Kombat, GvK, and pre-booked Nobody. Can't wait.

I did enjoy Nomadland, but don't honestly need to see it again on the big screen.

Massively looking forward to The Green Knight later in the summer. One of my most anticipated.

I’ve pre booked Cruella, but my local odeon haven’t put a lot up for pre booking as yet.
Would’ve loved to see T-2 on the big screen tonight alas unless they show it again I won’t be. 😞

I’ve pre booked Cruella, but my local odeon haven’t put a lot up for pre booking as yet.
Would’ve loved to see T-2 on the big screen tonight alas unless they show it again I won’t be. 😞

Looks like it’s back in June so keep an eye out.

Despite having paid good money to already watch it twice on HBO Max, I've just booked tickets for my and my eldest (7) to see GvK tomorrow.

It's the only thing remotely suitable and I can't stop thinking about the cinema.

Can't wait. My first visit since Tenet and my son's first since long before that.

I'm saving my cinema beans for Top Gun Maverick and Denis Villeneuve's DUNE.

Despite having paid good money to already watch it twice on HBO Max, I've just booked tickets for my and my eldest (7) to see GvK tomorrow.

It's the only thing remotely suitable and I can't stop thinking about the cinema.

Can't wait. My first visit since Tenet and my son's first since long before that.
Nothing compares to a screen bigger than your house and a volume nobody has to tell you to turn down :D

So that was all a bit mad.

Got to Bolton Cineworld at 5.20pm for my Godzilla vs Kong booking....their heating and electrics failed this morning so all showings today were cancelled.

So I bombed across to Leigh Cineworld and they transferred my ticket to Peter Rabbit 2 instead. Which was average. A few laughs, but my 7 year old loved it.

Lovely to be back in the cinema though.

For the guys who have already been, how was it in terms of being masked up and the covid measures? When I saw Tenet last summer, I think I was the only one still wearing a face covering as it started. Most people had them on as they entered the screenings, then removed them as soon as the staff were gone.

For the guys who have already been, how was it in terms of being masked up and the covid measures? When I saw Tenet last summer, I think I was the only one still wearing a face covering as it started. Most people had them on as they entered the screenings, then removed them as soon as the staff were gone.
Just a couple of people appeared to be wearing masks throughout.

I didn't. But I was drinking / popcorning all the way through. As were most people.

^^^^
Good to hear. A tiny bit of normality in this bonkers world.

Yeah, people only wore masks going in and out. Not during the showings. It wasn’t any different to when I last went just before Xmas (WW84) tbf. Distanced(ish) seating and queuing etc. Loads of sanitiser too.

Saw two films back to back and in both cases there was an issue with the projector. We sat in the dark for 20 minutes until someone (me) told them about it. Turned out the auto playlist had malfunctioned, so the films had to be started manually. They were pretty good about it, and the social distancing/mask wearing seemed really safe. Safer than any shop for example.

Both movies were incredibly average, but it was good to be back.

Saw two films back to back and in both cases there was an issue with the projector. We sat in the dark for 20 minutes until someone (me) told them about it. Turned out the auto playlist had malfunctioned, so the films had to be started manually. They were pretty good about it, and the social distancing/mask wearing seemed really safe. Safer than any shop for example.

Both movies were incredibly average, but it was good to be back.
I don’t think you’re alone in experiencing technical issues, as I’ve read, that sort of thing has happened up and down the country. What did you see ?

I don’t think you’re alone in experiencing technical issues, as I’ve read, that sort of thing has happened up and down the country. What did you see ?

That Angelina Jolie film and Mortal Kombat. Yeah teething troubles, forgivable really. First night open etc. All part of the fun :)

I've just realised I never received my Cineworld Unlimited membership card when I renewed last year. I need to fond their customer services number to contact them. I dance seeing Tom & Jerry but whilst I can book online, sods law says they will want to see my card on arrival.

I've just realised I never received my Cineworld Unlimited membership card when I renewed last year. I need to fond their customer services number to contact them. I dance seeing Tom & Jerry but whilst I can book online, sods law says they will want to see my card on arrival.
They never asked to see mine. I think they are just happy to have us back :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom