Quantcast

Anyone get an iphone 3GS on Tesco Mobile

D

Deleted member 92943

OK guys, in July im thinking of finally being able to pick up an iphone as Tesco seem to doing then for reasonable prices on nice 12 month contracts. I would wait for the rumoured new model but i doubt Tesco would do it straight away

Is anyone else on the Tesco Network and have one?

Does anyone reckon Tesco would allow people to cheaply upgrade when a new model comes out like 02 do on their network?

TwistedPrOjEcT

Standard Member
I recently took out a 12 month contract with tesco and got the 16gb iphone. They say they are combined with o2 but this is only for the normal phone mode.I have to say since i have had this phone i am struggling to connect to the net.Tesco use there own 3g internet which is having so many problems at the moment.I am having to reset the phone(by taking out the sim card)every other day just to use the net.My friends are on o2 and can connect straight away and all i get a message saying that i can`t.They have been helpful but what is the point of having the phone if you can`t get on the net.:thumbsdow

D

Deleted member 92943

Thats slightly worrying.

Im hoping that 02 may decide to drop the prices in line with Tescos in the coming months. I dont mind the £35 a month it's the stupid 2 year contracts they make u have

TwistedPrOjEcT

Standard Member
As i am still within my 14 day money back offer,i will wait till the weekend to see if it improves.If it does`nt then i will ask for my money back and get an iphone from a o2 shop instead(at least i will be able to connect to the net).The only problem is it will be a longer contract,say 18 months instead of 12.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Try clearing all your net settings and re-entering them all.

I was having net connection problems last week, despite all settings being correct, I reset them all, and after typing them all again, net connection has been absolutely fine ever since.

TwistedPrOjEcT

Standard Member
This morning i had internet on my phone and this afternoon, no internet on my phone.Tesco say they know they have problems with there 3g.Sod it, i got my money back. I can`t wait forever for them to sort it out.Straight down to the o2 shop or carphone warehouse for me.

Neddyseagoon

Standard Member
Bought the wife a 16G 3GS last week on 12 month contract. Can access web via edge or 3G but can't access The Cloud in my local Wetherspoons.Also can't access my home network even with correct passcode (its working OK as our 2 other machines see it)
Tried using The Cloud Fastconnect app but it won't let me register,comes up with "Sorry you are unable to register more devices to your wireless LAN service.If you get this message agian please conntact O2 customer service on the number on your O2 bill".God knows what that means.
If it can't be resolved this ones going back as well.

nutski

I'm going to look at going on Tesco Mobile with an iPhone in a few months when my conract is up, hopefully they have ironed out alot of the issue by then

delta.turbo

Novice Member
I found it easier to buy an Iphone and put my sim in it.

I was on O2 so bought the Iphone, (have two now and one is goign up for sale) then I changed on o2 to a simplicity tarrif and get the following:

unlimited o2 to o2 calls, unlimited data, 600 cross network mins and 1200 texts for £27.50 a month.

Works a treat for me, just the best way I found to get the Iphone on a decent monthly tarrif and the only thing that does not work with my sim is the visual voicemail, which dont bother me I just call my voicemail and listen to it :)

D

Deleted member 92943

ah ok, The Cloud wifi is meant to be a big thing isn't it?

I would go with 02 simplicity plan but i just don't have the money to drop on the phone from the outset.

I think i might as well just hope 02 could drop in price and just go with them

RobM

Distinguished Member
ah ok, The Cloud wifi is meant to be a big thing isn't it?
It does vastly open up your options with regards to WiFi hotspot access, as there are a lot of The Cloud hotspots around. But whether it's a big deal depends on you and how often you think you'll be using these hotspots.

Neddyseagoon

Standard Member
Its lets say useful to be able to access The Cloud, there are lots more hotspots than BTopenzone which seems to be mainly available at Starbucks.However the monthly contract comes with unlimited internet access anyway,assuming of course a decent signal.

jg213

might aswell revive this thread to ask if the situation with the tesco 3g signal has improved over the last few months? Do they still run their own independant 3g service?

just a note, this thread was started 2 months ago, this is a bump to find out how there service is now (June 2010)