1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone get a decent picture on last night's golf??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nobbydog, Mar 1, 2004.

1. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I gotta say that 'the old P6' was struggling last night. The World Championship golf (from California I think) was pretty grim pq-wise. Text VERY blurred, worst I've seen, overall watchable but Mrs Dog was quick to point out the bad pq for a 3 grand telly! I gave her some cock & bull story about high def US tv being the cause, might be true, I've no idea really!

Would be interested to know how other members pq faired.

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Same here on a Pio 433MXE with some processing done on a PC. The PQ on coverage of PGA events is always dodgy - don't know why - although this was worse than some other recent events. During the adverts PQ becomes excellent again so must be the feed from across the pond.
    On Sky's own coverage of European PGA events PQ is much better.

I saw some of the WGC on a mate's CRT and it was a little bit better but only because the screen is smaller. So the Panny's not to blame.

3. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    You talking about the World Matchplay? I watched Sunday morning on my CRT and thought the picture was crappy too. Very blurred and Sky Sports are usually excellant on my telly. Could hardly make out the players faces at all.

Don't blame the plasma, it's not your fault. :)

4. Fisher

Fisher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    For some reason a few of the west coast events have a bad picture quality. I only have a 28" Toshiba CRT (I like to keep up with the plasma forum just in case...) but I noticed how bad the PQ was, it appeared OK when they went back to the Sky studio with Livingston and Raffety so it's definantly down to the feed Sky receive and not your plasmas fault.

Fisher

5. nobbydog

nobbydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    That was pretty much what I thought......so much for digital quality broadcasts over analogue!