Anyone for Golf!

richp007

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I can't really see a general Golf discussion thread like we have for Tennis, so i thought I'd start a similar one.

It's been quite an amazing Open Championship this, not before seen so many players grouped together with such low scores on the final day.

Some terrific rounds, matched by some torrid ones - Woods and Johnson spring to mind.

Spieth just put down a tremendous birdie, is he to be denied a 3rd straight major? Unprecedented stuff.

Unluckily but I thought luckily I managed to get speith at 10-1 yesterday morning then oosty at 18-1

He's just tied for the lead

3-way playoff. I guess it couldn't be any other way judging by how it's played out all week. So tight at the top.

Fancy Louis to be honest. But anything can happen over 4 holes i guess.

Not a bad thing to have on ya Golfing CV - a Green Jacket from Augusta, and a Claret Jug from St. Andrews. A worthy winner though in the end.

Not a bad thing to have on ya Golfing CV - a Green Jacket from Augusta, and a Claret Jug from St. Andrews. A worthy winner though in the end.
I enjoyed it however had the day off yesterday and just wanted to sit on the sofa watching the golf. Unfortunately the wife dragged me to ikea.
Watched on my phone and hot home for the last hour plus playoff.

You coming back for gears

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to discuss the Ryder Cup. Unless i'm mistaken, there's no-one on here talking about it! :eek:

I missed most of the play yesterday, but by the looks of things I expect the Americans are going to have a slight lead going into the single's tomorrow.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread to discuss the Ryder Cup. Unless i'm mistaken, there's no-one on here talking about it! :eek:

I missed most of the play yesterday, but by the looks of things I expect the Americans are going to have a slight lead going into the single's tomorrow.

I've hardly missed a shot the last 2 days. Need to win the afternoon 4 balls to set it up for tomorrow.

Great competition the golf was exciting
and I stuck a fiver on Europe to win at 10-1 :)

The putting this year is the best I've ever seen in any tournament. Unbelievable.

America have just been too strong. And too many European's haven't stepped up when needed. Willett had a horror show today, Westwood about to crumble - again.

Don't think it wouldve made a difference to the outcome but it was a bad move from Clarke to give his mate Westwood a wild card.he has been on the slide for a couple of years now.

Have you seen this crap, are they for real?
1475450786807.png

And that's why Lee Westwood has never won a major. Bottled it yesterday and then loses today being 2 up with 3 to play.

dreadful indeed - only bright point was I won a nice wedge backing Moore in the singles to beat Westwood........No way he was going to win that game as he can't putt under pressure.

Well I'm amazed there isn't a thriving thread for every major.

Right now I'm engrossed in the final round of The Masters and I reckon Garcia is nailed on to win this.

Rose is in contention and Fowler has hung on in there.

Right now I'm engrossed in the final round of The Masters and I reckon Garcia is nailed on to win this.

would be great if garcia got his major

There always used to be. You could have started one

would be great if garcia got his major
Absolutely and he's on course.

You're to blame now, you realise that

Final few holes wth Rose & Garcia neck and neck wth some superb golf. Garcia has come to life, but won't mind either as winner at this stage..

Fantastic finish, both level going up the 18th, perfect finale

Sweet, only wish he could have single putted first time round so I could have gone to bed earlier :D

On Seve's birthday too. I think they call that destiny.

74th attempt too. Great stuff. Great Masters.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom