1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone for Cricket?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by RobertP, Aug 28, 2005.

1. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like most people I have been watching the cricket on TV. And in my case marvelling at the power of the cameras too.

England had finally got the Aussies out so it seemed like a good time to do something. There is usually a Sunday game on the green so I thought why not....

So off I went with my camera and (somewhat inadequate) 70 - 200 f4L to see what I could do.

I was there about an hour and managed to machine gun off 600 shots :D

I moved around the green to try different angles... and I also tried different settings. I tried all the AF modes. Having got back and gone through the images (hand held and no IS) I had a surprising amount of passable shots.
    The most consistent though was from turning off the AF and just leaving it manually focussed.

I was going to insert the images in this post but I ended up resizing 3 megs worth which would be a bit much in a thread.

I really enjoyed the experience and would love to repeat it with a bigger lens. Johns 100-400 might be about right :D

The page with the images is here

They are just crops from the camera jpegs - no tweaking.

Couldn't resist a few POTN style comments

2. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heres one I missed out...

[​IMG]

3. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Your not borrowing...... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey, good shots. :smashin: Looks like an interesting subject, no good for me though...my neck is stuck at 45 deg....don't you just know where I went today.. :eek: