Anyone fluent in Japanese??? doh

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Sinzer, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,119
    I managed to obtain a copy of Fire Emblem 5, was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere which had a decent translation guide (Neoblade you may be able to help!).

I have looked at a couple of sites but none seem to have screenshots of the menus etc (one site had but the jpgs were not showing making it kind of useless!!!!)

2. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hehe, I'm not fluent in Japanese sadly, although I'm still learning the language. Sadly I lost most of my bookmarks during the last format and I'm slowly building my legion of links back up. I had a pretty cool website with 100% completed translation patches so I'll just have a quick look for you now mate.

::15 mins on:: Still looking... I too have found that website with non loading screens. Gotta love slack webmasters >_<

::25 mins on:: Hmm... Info on this game surely is scare unless you want to cheat >_<

Even the great gamefaqs.com have very little information on this game. Hmm...

Even Fire Emblem IV isn't fully translated but then translations take forever to do, after all they are done by fans commited to the cause and I have respect for them. Once I'm fluent in Japanese I'd happily help these peeps out. Bad news about the Star Ocean translation too (the HDD melted on him) since I was looking forward to it. I've got Star Ocean II on the PSX anyway.

For now though Sinzer, your best bet would be to either stick it out, or to play another RPG until someone can find more info.

Try out the superb action RPG Seiken Densetsu III or Tales of Phantasia, Front Mission or Dragon Quest VI for size. I know its not like Fire Emblem but it will pass the time until more information can be compiled. Plus I want everyone to know about Seiken Densetsu III ^_-

Soz I couldn't help out more. If anything happens I'll post something up.

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,119
    Yup, I have already played Seiken III got hold of it again to play through as well as Zelda :)