Anyone finding this game so much harder than MW2

• Thread starter Deleted member 174041
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 174041

I consider myself a decent player, well I was on WAW and MW2.

On this game I'm getting battered. I know I havent learnt the maps yet but even palying people with lower/same level as me I just constantly loose 1vs1's.

It's very rare I can kill someone without someone else killing me straight after. Some take two clips to drop, then he goes on to kill me :confused:

Have I gone from a good player to a crap one because of either people are getting far to good, or I'm just not cut out for it.

I sympathise with you. Unload a clip into someone, they drop me with one bullet. Unload a clip right in someone's face, they keep shooting back and drop me. Shoot someone in the back with contant hit markers, they turn round and stab me. Eventually kill someone only to be killed 2 seconds later. Someone shoots me, I hide for cover, killcam shows me standing in the wide open. The list goes on and on. I very rarely have more kills than deaths with this game and it's doing my head in.

Agreed, whilst I still get the same amount of kills (FFA/TDM) I get killed in near same amounts.

Always someone polishing me of straight after I get a kill & usually from behind.

Still good fun though.

Thanks guys, glad its not just me :D

Some players seem to be so good already, I dont understand :confused:

I still enjoy playing it but like everyone else, I play to win, not get my arse kicked.

I agree with the above. 99% of the time I'm faced with a 1v1 situation I will be killed instantly and it is SO frustrating. Looking at the killcams, I am putting way more bullets into them than they are to me yet they still get the kill. It's doing my head in. Also, most of the time I get killed it's from behind so I have zero chance of doing anything about it. How come I never find people with their backs to me?? It always seems to be me haha.

I have found it's much harder to maintain killstreaks above 7 or so in TDM because the spawns really feel as if they are FFA (as in they spawn right behind you, and often).

So I'll still manage a 1.5 KDR most games but if they didn't spawn right behind me, I would be much higher!!!

If I had more local friends, I would play more objective games where spawns are predictable and I would be able to get out the dogs/gunship a lot more reliably.

Although in CTF I've noticed they can spawn really close to our flag at times.

Yea ive been done in with some very questionable spawning however the 1 v 1 situation is just the same as every COD before it - it comes down to your connection to the host. You got a good connection then you'll drop them first (as long as your half decent on the trigger finger), worse connection then you've no chance.

In my opinion this is not harder or easier than MW2, its just the same.

I have found it's much harder to maintain killstreaks above 7 or so in TDM because the spawns really feel as if they are FFA (as in they spawn right behind you, and often).

So I'll still manage a 1.5 KDR most games but if they didn't spawn right behind me, I would be much higher!!!

If I had more local friends, I would play more objective games where spawns are predictable and I would be able to get out the dogs/gunship a lot more reliably.

Although in CTF I've noticed they can spawn really close to our flag at times.

You havent seen nothing yet until you play some Headquarters, worst spawns EVER:eek:. We took out a contract and had to play it for 4 games, those were my first and last hq games on blops:rolleyes::mad::thumbsdow

The spawns went a little something like this:facepalm:

YouTube - Screwed up Black Ops Spawns in HQ for @DavidVonderhaar

I can't really comment on other game modes but i'm finding TDM much easier. On MW2 my KDR was 0.77 and with BOPS it is 1.15. Not amazing but I go positive in more games than negative and I feel that I'm improving.

I think the less overpowered and more balanced kill streaks are helping me not die constantly :D

I agree about the spawning thing, sometimes they get right behind you for no apparent reason, but then it works both ways I suppose.

personaly I find it easier than MW2, I don't have to try as hard (because it takes more bullets to get a kill), a normal game for me over the last 3 or 4 days would be 17 kills 5 deaths on TDM, IMO it's actually easier to play than MW2, I think in the last 20 games (TDM) ive probably had negative K/D about 4 times, rest of the time its + 2.0

So far I've only played tdm and I'm finding it easier.granted it take more to kill people which is much better than mw2.but the fact the sound is nerfed means that campers can't hear you running around.also flak jacket stops you from getting killed as much.when they fix the sound then I will struggle,but atm its easier.

I agree with the above. 99% of the time I'm faced with a 1v1 situation I will be killed instantly and it is SO frustrating. Looking at the killcams, I am putting way more bullets into them than they are to me yet they still get the kill. It's doing my head in. Also, most of the time I get killed it's from behind so I have zero chance of doing anything about it. How come I never find people with their backs to me?? It always seems to be me haha.
I know exactly how you feel...had a terrible run yesterday where it didn't seem to matter what I did, I was on the end of a beating. It seemed like nothing ever went for me (did suffer really badly from lag yesterday - partly the reason) and I couldn't find a rhythm. I kept on switching guns in an effort to break the poor run of form I was going through!

I can't really comment on other game modes but i'm finding TDM much easier. On MW2 my KDR was 0.77 and with BOPS it is 1.15. Not amazing but I go positive in more games than negative and I feel that I'm improving.
Completely agree. On MW2 I was hopeless at TDM and always preferred/done well on the likes of Domination & Demolition. This time round its a complete reversal. If I play a Domination or Demolition game I really struggle for kills; yeah I end up with a positive k/d, but I have a low kill amount compared to the others who all seem to be in th 20's, 30's and 40's :eek:

Do you think they have dody spawning on TDM to make the games closer?

There were some games where my team was winning by a good margin (MTDM) then all the sudden they KEEP spawning behind us and get free kills, in the end the margin wasn't as big.

I'm thinking was this implemented on purpose like rubber band AI in racing games.

My KDR's for the last 4 COD's.

COD4: 1.38
COD-WAW: 1.55
COD-MW2: 1.33
COD-Black Ops: 1.67 (so far)

Funny how I'm better at the Treyarch games but prefer the Infinity Ward games.

I think it's tougher than mw2 but I'm still getting the same kind of scores on tdm & domination. Melee attacks are harder to connect and if you find yourself in a 2 on 1 encounter your generally dead unless you get some decent shots in first.

+1 - So true

Probably depends on the game mode. I've been playing HCSnD (almost exclusively at this point) and we have been rolling people. Just got knocked off a 100 or so win streak. Shame the stats are messed, had me at like 60 game winstreak before it reset my winstreak to 0. Was wierd. Had a 4.xx W/L ratio with my highest winstreak being 0.

I will agree though, in the few games of TDM I have played, spawning only to have someone spawn behind me made me want to punch a kitten. So I will stick to SnD until the spawns are worked out.

today was a lot harder,im not sure if its because people are finally unlocking guns that they prefer.or its because im crap....i think its the latter.

but i found it a lot harder going today.i couldnt gel with the famas or aug today.tried the stoner which i really hate.done quite well the the ak74u though.so i stuck with that for a bit.

i cannot wait to get the commando.i only levelled up twice today.5 more to go until the commando.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom