1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone fancied buying the Sony 32FX65/66 - but hates the supplied stand?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by simon1, May 27, 2002.

1. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I've heard that most people hate the stand supplied with the 32FX65. The same one is being supplied with the new 32FX66. It looks more like an oven than a tv stand.

I gather some mail order places will supply the FX65/66 without the stand at reduced cost.

The stand supplied with the 32DX40 is much nicer and fits the above sets perfectly and it has TWO glass shelves.

If anyone is interested, I have a '32DX40' stand I am not using.

2. anilpassi

anilpassi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which mail order company is selling 32FX66 without stands.
    If so, i will be interested in DX stand

3. Sozzled

Sozzled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Simon,
    can you give me some details on your stand, ie overall dimensions, shelf spacing and colour.

I have seen a picture on the sony site and its better than the one i have now and should support my 28" sony nicely.

Lastly, how much do you want for it?

Thanks in advance for your time answering the above,

Ed

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my case, it wasn't the looks that I didn't like but the fact that it only had one shelf - plain stupid! :rolleyes:

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Take a look at:

http://212.250.57.233/pro_runproduc...v&subCat=Digital+Widescreen+16:9&Ire=&CatID=1

The stand is flat-packed, so I can't measure it. From memory, I think the distance between the two shelves is 16/17 cm. The space between top shelf and underneath of tv is 20+ cm. Best to take a look at a display at a local dealer.

The colour is silver grey, identical to that of the DX30, DX40, FX65 and FX66 televisions.

The mail order dealers can be found in adverts in "What Video" magazine. BOS Electronics (www.boselectronics.com) and Electro Centre (www.electrocentre.com) are a couple of examples.

You'll notice there is £200 difference between with and without stand.

I am asking £75 for the stand (delivery at your expense). If you are interested in buying it, then send a private message to me.