Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anyone experiencing probs with Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by paul28, Jan 14, 2004.

1. paul28

paul28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I have a Sky+ Pace Box (about 2 years old) with the 1.3.0.BF sofware installed and have been experiencing all kinds of strange problems over the last couple of months, here are some of them :

-Box switching itself off
    -Menu's slow down/stop all together
    -Degraded picture quality (blocky/grainy)
    -When recording a channel and watching another channel the box switches to the channel being recorded.

I have my suspicions that since the software was introduced to allow recording of 2 channels at once the problems have started.
    Has anyone else experienced these kind of problems?

Cheers
    Paul.

2. muppetmick

muppetmick
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have any of the problems that you have described above.The one thing that really gets on my **** is that I'll wish to record a certain programme only to find out later that the recording has failed.

Mick.

3. paul28

paul28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi muppetmick, i too have had recording failures, two of them to be precise. One was in bad weather so assumed signal degradation and the other was last night (weather fine). The box flipped to Sky One which was set to record and then didnt record it.

4. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over the last few days my V2 has started sticking in the menues (ignores my button presses for ten-fifteen seconds then BANG, all the actions in one go), and a recording failed last night. Can't help but feel its something to do with the search&scan banner problems that have been showing up for a lot of us recently.

5. paul28

paul28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi DaveJ, what kind of box do you have?
    I'm considering purchasing a new Pace SKY+ box in hope that it will clear my problems but I'm wondering now if I should hang fire and see if any new software is released.

6. xyznicko

xyznicko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul28, do you have a large hard disk in it?

If not I would force a manual update to just make sure your new software has taken correctly, and then I would do a full reset(Housekeeping)__ this option will wipe all your recordings and reset the disk like new.

7. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the not-quite-white V2 Pace box. Mostly well behaved, just playing up these last few days.

8. paul28

paul28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi xyznicko and davej

Thanks for your replies.

xyznicko, I dont have a large HDD in my box so will try what you have suggested and hopefully this may cure the problem.

Cheers.
    Paul.

9. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,481
    The sticking menus problem is also happening on normal Sky boxes - so I assume it's yet another problem with the software

10. rosbif

rosbif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the sticky problem too ( :p ) but only when a program is on screen - in the menus it works fine. I have also lost a couple of recordings this week, one said failed and the other said clashed (even though it hadn't). Strange as the red light was on when it should have been recording. This was to record two programs that followed each other on the same channel - there shouldn't be a problem with that should there?

Great update though, that's the trouble with SKY+, the minute you can't rely on it it becomes a waste of space...

11. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a recording marked as part recorded due to a clash as well, when I was recording successive programs on the same channel. And on checking the recordings.... nothing wrong with them at all. Bizarre.

12. newbie265

newbie265

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    well i had mine installed monday worked fine until yesterday when a recording failed then everything froze but the recording light was on.So when the programme finished i turned the power off and on again and hey presto totally wiped all my programs.So i have an engineer coming out sunday,great start.:(

13. dragon1

dragon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys,

I too have just had a real major prob, I recorded "crisis in the air " on Tues from Channel 5, when i tried to watch it tonight my box ( 2months new) just froze, I couldn't do anything with it.
    I phone SKY................ ! and they admitted they are having probs with the 5 main channels BBc 1 to channel 5 in so much that they may be transmitting non standard ( what ever that is ) signals, ie they are OK to watch but are not able to be recorded !!!

In the end I had to do a hard reset ( pull the plug out and wait !!! ) then delete the prog..................

They are in "discussions" so be warned. By the way if anybody did manage to record it and are able to post it on one of the news groups I would be very grateful

Captain Dragon:mad:

14. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    :(

I've had my Sky+ all of 5 days and since last night (Saturday) I've had one 30 minute recording that lasted 2 minutes!! and 3 failed recordings with no explanation. What a pile of JUNK. Looks like I'll be next in a long line of complainents regarding this system.

:thumbsdow