Anyone experienced the HK AVR507?

The 507 is somewhere between a 3550 and 4550 in terms of power. According to a dealer, the 507 does use some updated components found in the newer/higher range h/k products, though.

Russell

Well, this is what you get when you make a coffee as you post a reply: Someone beats you to it!

Russell

I can't read German

hi all
got everything sorted now rear speakers levels were to low used spl meter ,all is running fine.

witters what speakers are you using for fronts please.

spy hk 507 might not have all the knobs/buttons of say 3802 /pioneers /etc and its styling may not suite eveyone ,but in reality for its fairly modest cost soundwise sterio /av and what might seem modest output 50x7 it runs seven speakers (av) use ok.
it sounds quite powerfull at modest volumes my room is not massive 3.5x4 meters.

hornydragon does anyone know the remote codes for the original pace (sky digibox) the ones in booklet do not control my sky reciever.

thanks all

I'm using Kef Q65's on the fronts. I picked them up on the classifieds for £200. An utter bargain:D

I think you will be lucky to find one now but perhaps Tottenham Court Rd might be able to help

ultraman if watford is not too far to travel you are welcome to hear my 507 .

a funny question but this is the cheapest amp i can get with a OSD?

initially i was going to go with the sony db2000 but reviews about this amp seem great, and price is fair.

Ultraman,

Apart from the one you mentioned, the heapest amps with OSD from what I know are:

Denon AVR-1804 - £305 from empire

Yamaha RX-V740 - £350 from superfi

Marantz SR-5400 - £300 from Richers

All 3 very good amps.

Wasabi

great! thanks (to both dragon and wasabi)
i was looking at that price bracket (300 or so) and i ended up preferring the sony 790 and teac ag10!

back to the drawing board....

Forgive my ignorance but what does OSD stand for and what would it do for me ?

OSD = On Screen Display. Enables you to set up the amp more easily.

sorry to but in on ya thread . i soon to be getting a 3803 but was wondering if there are any other/cheaper amps with audio delay ?
as this is the main reason i have chosen this amp

cheers guys

and sorry to but in again

On Screen Display. It makes setting up an AV receiver much easier, as all setup menus are displayed on your tv. You will need to connect the amp to you TV via monitor out

Russell

Thanks All

jmack,

Yamaha 1400 can be bought for around £500 from hificomponents.de including delivery, and this one has audio delay, among other great features.

Wasabi

Has anyone tried using the multi room feature to bi-amp their fron speakers? Im not interested in 7.1 yet (room too small!) and multi room is a bit much too, but biamped fronts would be nice :)

Hornydragon and russraff,

Just to update you, sorry for tagging on this thread.

Have just struck a deal with Spligsey for HK 8500 for £900, no demo but having scoured the thread seems the only way to go, especially at the price. Many thanks to everyone on the forum.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom