Anyone experienced posterisation on W1070?

cyberheater

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to see posterisation issues on my fairly new W1070 when I run it from my Virgin Media Tivo. Anyone seen anything similar?

I've not tried other sources.

This comes up a lot of new TVS, normally it's just the clarity of the new display showing up the poor quality of the source, the only way to confirm is to test a Blu-ray which is uncompressed. If I watch some channels on my TV I see what you are mentioning, but it's just the compression on the channel, not much you can do about it unfortunately as it's just the way the digital broadcasts work

Here are some examples.

This only starts happening after about 30 mins or so of watching.

vkmLAXE.jpg

hIi1Z93.jpg

yTFFfiX.jpg

oh that does seem wrong, sorry but don't know.

Is this with fairly quick movement ?, haven't seen this since a Panasonic plasma I had, I'm thinking something's gone awry as not seen any reports for your projector, let us know how you get on.

Is this with fairly quick movement ?, haven't seen this since a Panasonic plasma I had, I'm thinking something's gone awry as not seen any reports for your projector, let us know how you get on.

On the whole image. It doesn't matter what I'm watching. I'm also getting flicker. I've heard Richersound has great customer care so I'm not worried.

So no moment onscreen needed then ?, definitely a fault and yes I can vouch for RS CS.

Sorry not had that but only been on @ 15 hours. Def. contact Richer Sounds asap.

So I'm off to Richersounds this morning. Wish me luck fellas.

They are sending me a new one. Great customer service Richersounds.

They are sending me a new one. Great customer service Richersounds.

I didn't think you would have any problems, great service. Hopefully it will be fine.

I had this on mine. It developed over the course of about a week and went from almost perfect to almost totally unwatchable.

Mine was about 5 months old, so I didn't get a direct replacement and RS referred me to BenQ.

Their service has been excellent as well, they collected and delivered the projector back to me by courier within 10 days and have apparently replaced the colour wheel. I haven't had a chance to test it yet unfortunately.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom