Question Anyone experience hiss(gate) on their new iPhone 7's?

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok not a massive thing, but I just experienced this and definetly heard the hissing or 'coil whining' as the proper name suggests

What I did was go into Apps and there was about 11 or so Apps needing updated, I then clicked on 'update all' and waited till it was showing as them updating. I then opened up YouTube, then the phone started going really slow, had to open the App a few times and eventually...eventually it worked (hmm no idea why that just happened) ..anyway, I placed the back to my ear 3/4 (place ear where apple logo is on backside), I could definetly hear the whining noise while it was working under load.

Has anyone else experienced this and should his be happening? Could Apple have improved this and placed more dampeners around the coil?

As mentioned, it's no big problem but thought I'd test it out all the same :)

Why are some iPhone 7s making hissing noises?

I have the the hiss sound when I download an app. Not sure why this triggers it. Might send it back and leave it a month or two before I buy again

I have the the hiss sound when I download an app. Not sure why this triggers it. Might send it back and leave it a month or two before I buy again
Why not just keep hold of it and then get it replaced in a couple of months?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom