1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone ever used the site SATCURE ?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by DoogyDawg, Jan 2, 2004.

1. DoogyDawg

DoogyDawg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    has anyone ever got ANY help from this site, or is it me that seems to get the mods that are a pain in the backside ?
    just interested to see.
    they go on about making sure the spelling is correct etc, they should read half their own posts, also if your a newB they dont seem to want to know. unless you know the in's and out's of the system, reciever/decoder, they know what you are on about but treat you like an idiot pointing it out, when all it takes is a simple yes or no.:suicide:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Bought a second SKY+ remote from them back in 2001, sent on approval and I've recommended him every since, he also posts in various newsgroups and the website is full of useful info for someone willing to take the time to read it.

Don't forget they are a small business and there is only so much "free" help a non-customer should expect to get especially when most people are less that forthcoming with the details required to make a quick and accurate assessment:)

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've always found Martin helpful but he doesn't suffer fools gladly, nor people who waste his time by ignoring his posting rules. If you ignore his requests to use proper English then he won't help. But he does give you fair warning. In particular I'll warn you that he HATES it when you can't be bothered to copy words like "receiver" and "satellite" correctly or begin a sentence with a capital letter (look at your post - it does look like it was typed by a 5 year old doesn't it).

His view is that if you can't be bothered why should he.

Bottom line... if you want help, you should read all the free information and read the rules before posting. OK you might think he's arrogant but he can afford to be. You need the help, not him.

Frankly, he's probably earning too much to care whether you order something or not. Read his profile here.

Fman

4. MartinPickering

MartinPickering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I wish I was earning as much as I told them in that interview! :blush:

The satCure forum costs me. It doesn't bring much business. It's there purely to help those who want to be helped. Those who really want help will take a little care to read the notes and they will post in understandable adult English. If I have to spend time trying to figure out what they are trying to describe, I won't bother. They can come here instead.

The other point is that my forum gets a lot of foreign visitors who struggle with English. If you type, for example, "decorder" (misspelt) when what you really mean is "receiver" then they don't stand a cat's chance of understanding because the word isn't in a dictionary. It's unfair on those trying to understand it.

While there's obviously no confusion when you type "i" instead of "I", it just tells me that you are extremely young or too damn lazy to press the shift key. Likewise if you begin a sentence without pressing the shift key. It screams to me "stupid" or "lazy" or "should be in bed by now". Sorry, but that's the impression it creates - just clear as this :) indicates happy and this :( doesn't.

Generally, 99.9% of my customers are happy with the way we handle their enquiries and orders. We offer fast delivery and reasonable prices. Often excellent prices. My in-basket is full of complimentary messages. The ones who aren't happy are usually the ones who have a poor command of their own language and can't understand clear answers even when I take the time to give them. And that's the point. If somebody's English is clearly poor then I'm wasting my time if I reply. As in this case. ;)

Martin