1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever used or heard of a Marantz AV1030??

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by Hallsy, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    A friend of mine has just bought a Marantz AV1030 from ebay for 99p!! We were sitting talking today and he said he had thought about adding surround sound to his current hifi setup, but wanted to use his original stereo amp.
    I said in that case he would want a processor for the rear two and centre.
    He didn't want to spend much, just have a play and low & behold there was this Marantz AV1030 on ebay sitting at 99p, slight hum issue (we're electrical enginers, so will have a look if it needs repairing), no instructions, etc but otherwise in good nick.
    From the rear picture it is definately a rear & centre output as it has 3 sets of binding posts, also has a fair amount of phono connections, other than that unit looks modern ish!!
    Have hunted on net but can't find anything.
    Anyone shed some light on these, rough year of manufacture, pro logic?, etc
    Cheers.

2. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  3. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Cheers, I had come across that maual site and a few others but you have to pay to download. We'll have a play with it first and see how we get on without a manual. Probably be OK for what he wants anyway.