• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone ever taken apart a 525?

I have a cat hair behind my screen.. don't know how it got in there. I tried to take it apart, but it feels like it will snap the plastic if I pull too hard. Has anyone ever managed to pull it apart?

Oily

Novice Member
Yeah,i've taken mine apart.Have you undone the screws under the batteries cover?
Then get yourself a stanley blade,put it into the groove along the outside of the 525 and use it by twisting it in the groove,doing this way will ensure you've spread the force over a wider area than say using a screwdriver so saving you from cracking it etc

Yeah,i've taken mine apart.Have you undone the screws under the batteries cover?
Then get yourself a stanley blade,put it into the groove along the outside of the 525 and use it by twisting it in the groove,doing this way will ensure you've spread the force over a wider area than say using a screwdriver so saving you from cracking it etc

Thanks.. I'll try it.

DoktorAvalanche

Established Member
I totally Agree with the technique Oily described,
but whilst you have it gutted...

Get some contact cleaner (lighter fluid or Smirnoff are reasonable alternatives) & use a cotton bud to wipe all the circuit board button contacts.

Mine now works like new, just a shame its been chewed, thrown & dropped for the last 4 years.
-but that is the joy of children!

I totally Agree with the technique Oily described,
but whilst you have it gutted...

Get some contact cleaner (lighter fluid or Smirnoff are reasonable alternatives) & use a cotton bud to wipe all the circuit board button contacts.

Mine now works like new, just a shame its been chewed, thrown & dropped for the last 4 years.
-but that is the joy of children!

I have lighter fuel, might risk it. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom