Anyone ever seen 2 VT50s side-by-side calibrated in THX AND ISF?

The_Zizzler

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know, which was better and why. Obviously to avoid any BIAS opinion, this question is suited to a qualified THX and ISF calibration technician.

So far I have seen an ISF calibrated VT50 by ******** and it was absolutely spectacular. I'd be curious to know what the verdict is:

Similar,
One better than the other,
One more granular that the other,
Noticeable difference,

Cheers.

I'd be interested to know, which was better and why. Obviously to avoid any BIAS opinion, this question is suited to a qualified THX and ISF calibration technician.

So far I have seen an ISF calibrated VT50 by ******** and it was absolutely spectacular. I'd be curious to know what the verdict is:

Similar
One better than the other
One more granular that the other
Noticeable difference

Cheers.

Hi Zizzler:

In theory they should look almost identical. Both ISF and THX training recommend calibrating to the same HD 709 standard. Their is, however, a few variables that can cause them to not be exactly the same (example, dynamic range set differently). Otherwise they should look reasonably close.

I hope this helps.

Similar
One better than the other
One more granular that the other
Noticeable difference

Cheers.

Thanks for the compliment, I've done both courses (just waiting for my THX qualification).

They are basically after the same result, just 2 competing bodies.

Its marketing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom