1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever had a "bunny boiler" experience?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pringtef, Jun 19, 2005.

1. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I thought i'd be the last person on earth who'd find themselves in this scenario, but somehow it has happened.

Met up with this lass through a friend about 12 weeks ago. Told her right from the outset that i wasnt interested in a relationship or girlfriend thing, but if that wasn't an issue then..........

After a few weeks, decided that this wasnt for me. Told her this, and things seemed fine, but then she starting texting me a lot. Ignored the texts. More arrived. Called her up told her that her texting was excessive and could she text less.

Now it's started getting disturbing. Over the last few weeks she's been sending about five texts a day, and when i spoke to her again to tell her that i wanted this to stop, she started going on about how folk were watching her, and some crap about how i was sleeping with her best friend (not the case).

Switched the mobile off last night before going to sleep. Switch on this morning, and there's been ten texts from her, one of which was "wheres the pictures of the cemetery? A bit longer. Love xxxxxx"

?

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    :eek:
    Oh dear

3. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,266
    Change your phone number - or leave the country.

4. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Yep, you've defantley found a thoroughbred physco!! :eek:

Can't you just have her number barred from your mobile phone company so that you can no longer receive any messages or calls from her?

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Had a little bit of a fling with a girl in my first year at college ( she was about 8 years older than me). She wanted it to get serious. I didn't so called it a day. I probably was a bit ungentlemanly about the whole thing but I really didn't want to settle down ...not with her anyway!

However she'd turn up at parties , dinners , gatherings etc that she wouldn't normally have gone to because she knew I was going to be there.

I'd get strange letters from her saying she'd always be there for me when I changed my mind!

One time I arranged to meet some friends in a pub in Edinburgh during the Christmas break and she was there waiting for me! To give you an idea how weird this was she and I were at college in Surrey!

This went on for about 2 years until it generally became common knowledge I was in a long term relationship with someone she didn't have a hope in hell of competing with ( I eventually married that particular girlfriend).

I'm not normally a nasty person so it was very difficult striking a balance between kindly tolerating her and getting genuinely angry and harrassed feeling. Emotional black-mail basically. There were times when I even felt guilty about the fact she was effectively "stalking" me as a result.

Not nice : at least she didn't try and chop off me John Thomas though.

6. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Tried to contact Orange today to get the number barred, but it's a nightmare trying to get to speak to a human with their system.

One of my friends had spoken to her today, and said that she seems to be better. I'd been hoping it was something that might just have been to do with her having a drink too many last night, but i've just received another text message. it said :-

"Help! I am slightly confused but i am picking up the signs. all of the pieces of the jigsaw are slowly starting to piece together. but u are scaring me a bit. love xxxx"

And just as i've been writing this, there's been another one :-

"What now? Still slightly freaked. Going to go back and sit in my car. ok. Love xxxxxxxx"

I think i might just change my number.

7. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,410
    Maybe she is sending them to you by mistake.... Hee hee hee!

8. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Is she rich?

9. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,410
    Strange name for a girl..

10. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I can't believe it, she's actually at the door of my flat. Looking through the eyeglass in the door though, the look in her eyes is such that i very much doubt i'm going to open the door.

Seriously thinking of calling the police now, this is getting very uncomfortable.

11. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    Are you winding us up?

12. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    If it's making you uncomfortable then call the police. Clearly trying to talk your position through hasn't worked and I suspect it can only get worse unless you try and knock it on the head now.

13. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Creating an alibi ?

14. stealther

stealther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    That thought had occured to me to :D

15. richjthorpe

richjthorpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ummmmm, anyone heard anything from pringtef this morning or has be been right royally bunny boiled by the psycho ex last night ?!

16. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    is she nice looking..? ;)

17. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Can assure you, wasn't a wind up mate.

Was a bit of a late night. Called one of her best friends, and she came round to take her to her mums. She then refused to get in the car, and the pal told her to stay put whilst she went to get her mum. During this she scooted off.

We ended up calling the police, as she just wasn't in the right state of mind, and a couple of the text she had sent were really quite disturbing, thought she might try to do herself some harm. Police came along and took statements from us. About 2.30am, got a phone call from her dad to say that he'd found her she was sitting outside of his flat in another world.

She's had a few things happen to her recently that have knocked her for six, including one of her friends committing suicide. Gather theres been some other turbulent things happen to her, and she previously had a nervous breakdown about seven years ago.

Heart goes out to her, as she's a really nice lass. I should have listened to my inner voice right at the start when i started to think she might be a bit "needy".

Certainly made me think twice about starting any type of arrangement like that again.

18. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Perhaps she needs a friend right now?

19. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    It's a difficult one. Some of her texts over the past week or so have been of the nature "we are meant to be together" and so on. I get the feeling that if i am too visible that it might not help her, given the way she has been before.

She needs to build up her own strength and self-esteem, and i think that's only going to come with professional help and the contact of family and friends such as the one i mentioned that came round last night.

I'll be speaking to her pal tonight to see how she is.

20. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Tricky one for sure. Lets hope she gets through it.

Pete.

21. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Good luck with the whole thing, hopefully this has put her on the road to recovery. :)

22. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Should be speaking to her pal shortly, will find out how she has been.

23. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,410
    Best idea mate. Shag her best friend then she'll get over you REALLY quickly!!! :rotfl:

24. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Ironically, one of the things that she was accusing me of was sleeping with her friend, which i hadn't.

She was round again on Tuesday there. Let her in this time, and she was even worse than before. She'd gotten into her head that she lived with me, that she was working for a company which she left several years ago. She didn't know the date, month, or day, yet she was ringing off car registrations that she had seen on her walk to mine.

Phoned her pal who in turned phoned her Dad. Both came round, by which time she had starting tidying my flat (which i didn't complain about!), and was walking around on autopilot.

They went away with her, and from the conversation that we were having whilst she was cleaning my bathroom, it looked like she was going to be taken to the hospital.

Strangest few weeks of my life!

25. Mr Cat

Mr Cat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    poor lass, hope she gets better soon, and when she does, you can send her round mine...! only joking mate! ;)

26. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    Five texts a day? Oh wow, thats a lot :rotfl:

My mate split up with his lass. She sent him 100 texts a day, and rang him 50 times a day. She used to wait in her car down the street until he left the house, and followed him everywhere.

One day she caught up with him outside the house, forced her way in, took off all her clothes and was screaming and shouting, and he had to ring her parents and get them to take her away.

Luckily we've heard nothing more since.

27. scrapbook

scrapbook

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +527
    Why can't i be that lucky? :D

28. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Mods, can we change the title of this thread? My first rabbit was stolen and boiled alive by some travellers. I am finding the general chat a little upsetting :(

29. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i've had a couple of experiences like this myself. both girls i met over the net as friends, who turned out to be a bit nuts. the first one invited me to her 18th birthday party up in liverpool, so i said ok, the party turned out to be a bit of a disaster cos hardly anyone turned up, but the next night was quite good, and we got a bit "cuddly" at a club and i gave her a kiss when i went back to my b&b. Anyway, the day i got home she was already trying to arrange the next visit, and pretty much every time i talked to her after that up until i put her on ignore, she would try and plan some sort of vacation involving me and her. craaaazy

the second one was probably my fault.. i got invited to go out clubbing in bournemouth with this girl and her friends. i got drunk and ended up sleeping with her, and still drunk, responded afterwards to her comment "so what do we do now?" by saying "i dunno, we could go out together?" well that was great.. started off ok admittedly, but started to go downhill when she refused to leave the house when i went to visit her because she was paranoid i'd run off with one of her friends, and went even further downhill when she told me i had to stop seeing all my female friends.. oh then to make it even worse, i dumped her and she threatened to kill herself.. i shall probably avoid dating goths in future..

30. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Was the incident pre or post "Fatal Attraction"?

Gary