Anyone else's TVDRive suddenly die at 1.30pm today?

jamesfmuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Today (Sat 16th Dec), my TVDrive suddenly rebooted while I was watching. Fair enough, maybe it needed an upgrade or something. It came back on, I changed channel, and it rebooted again - then didn't come back. When I hit reboot, the display on the box briefly says "FrLA", then switches to "r---", and the box refuses to boot. Anyone know what this means? I've tried phoning, but their TV repair line has a "high volume" of calls, which suggests that either I'm not alone, or they're just busy before Christmas. Anyone else's TVDrive conked out? I've just had 2 weeks without a telly when my rubbish Philips LCD TV died, and now this - got 2 weeks worth of stuff to watch, don't want to lose it...

Yep Mine is 15mins and counting ! Must be a serious update or a big fowl up :)

Imagine one week before Christmas and they kill every tvdrive out there !!!! LOL

Aha, just seen the other threads, cheers Getgaff - I swear they weren't there when I posted!

Wondered what was going on - I've got my box switched to HDMI, and the telly didn't automatically switch over to Scart - just switched it myself, and seen the updating message. I'd already powered the box off and on again just after half 1 though, and tried rebooting several times, hope I didn't knacker the update!

So relieved it's not just me, after a 999 quid telly dying one month outside the warranty, that would have been just too much bad luck to bear...

Same happened to me --- I just switched back from watching a DVD. I have a message on my TV saying "Important: Do not switch off your set top box as it is being updated"

It's currently saying the same on the front display as your's is. I've only had my box since Tuesday so this is all new to me. Interestingly, the TV says it is receiving a 576i signal and I'm connected via HDMI at 1090i

I don't know what to do, being new to this box

Anyone else got a feeling that Telewest might be on "Watchdog" soon :rotfl:

Why? They have a problem which they are trying to deal with. This is embarrassing for them but not worthy of Watchdogs time. I am sure they have more pressing things to report on.:rolleyes:

It's happened to mine too :rolleyes:

Why? They have a problem which they are trying to deal with. This is embarrassing for them but not worthy of Watchdogs time. I am sure they have more pressing things to report on.:rolleyes:

What like SKY+ box issues ??????? :D

We have been off air for 2.5 hours now and it isn't looking good. I just hope that they do manage to find a solution soon. There is going to be a hell of a lot of unhappy customers out there.

It is National. Potentially every TVDrive that was connected to the ex-Telewest network. Is anybody's still working ok?

Unholymoondog, you have a talent for stating the obvious. ;)

I guess we shouldn't reboot?

Hmm, it's not looking good

I'm starting to get bored now. I was about to watch some pigs get cut in half by a cable in Mythbusters :cool: when all of a sudden a great darkness descended and I was left with the green screen of death :( If things get desperate I will have to start TALKING with the family !!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:

Yup, my 2 boxes have gone tits-up as well and still not working. I hope it gets sorted out soon.. :(

It's happened to both my tv-drive too:mad:

I had a power cut and mine rebooted, it just went back to the r---- screen. It's not actually doing an update, they've just buggered something up. Bet it's not working again until monday.

Hello, refund.

Lol, this is why I am glad that I pay the £5 a month for multiroom with my old SA box.

Still got the TV in the bedroom which means the other half can watch X-Factor and I won't be made to take her out for some expensive meal to have made her forget about it :p

If this isn't fixed by tomorrow I'm going to try and bypass the update and get back into the box. I have too much recorded stuff to watch to lose it all, especially before xmas.

That digital spy thread is quite reassuring, in that every single TW customer is facing the same thing - then again, if they all need replacing, we won't see a new one before Christmas... Mine is doing the things the others mentioned, although 15 minutes behind everyone thanks to my rebooting - just let the boxes do their thing, hopefully it'll all be sorted soon.

Going to go out for drink with mates, and see if they'll act out TV-style dramas for me, to fill the gap :)

my girl just got back from work she work for telewest National fault centre

the bad news there is no update
just some girl sent out full service hit which has now ----:mad: up the national Headend.

no update

NO ONE KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO FIX

just some girl sent out full service hit

You can't help but feel sorry for her, imagine the burden of all that on her shoulders:(

Even more scarey is that any one person could take down the whole network, at the touch of a button !!!

thats a really clever system,i don't have mine connected through scart,so whats the point of giving an IMPORTANT update message only on scart.
my son was watching it when it went off, so he followed the instructions in the manual to try and reboot it half a dozen times.
brilliant!
telewest are now saying back on by 5.30

thats a really clever system,i don't have mine connected through scart,so whats the point of giving an IMPORTANT update message only on scart.
my son was watching it when it went off, so he followed the instructions in the manual to try and reboot it half a dozen times.
brilliant!
telewest are now saying back on by 5.30

Mines connected via HDMI and I've got the message on screen. The resolution is 575i.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom