Anyone else's Sky+ crash and reset last night?

J-K

Strange thing happened last night. I just finished watching a recorded version of 'Entourage' on my Sky+ box. Then, everything was fine, but all of a sudden, the box reset itself, after I had finished watching the show.

When it came back to life, none of the '+' functions would work. I can't set reminders, I can't record anything, and worst yet, all the programmes I had recorded have disappeared.

The box says there is some kind of fault, and the system has a failure. Does this mean my system, or all system???

Anyone else have this problem? Haven't bothered to ring them yet, because I thought i'd get the full story here first.

BTW - my Sky+ HD box downstairs is totally fine. But it did mysteriously not record one programme that was lined up for recording, but it did record the other show I had scheduled! Weird!

chyaweth

Standard Member
Weird:eek:

mine lost all it's recording/playback functionality as well and I reckon it was either overnight on the 18th or 19th.
(I'm in West London)

Sky's recovery method means I've lost eveything I'd previously recorded:mad: :mad: :mad:
(Luckily most is being repeated at some time over the next week)

The rep on the phone reckoned it could've been down to a power surge so I'm going to check out Maplin in Hounslow for a surge protector.

Merry Xmas:)

jace22

my box just went into standby by itself last night at about 6.00pm
when i switched it on it had lost all the ( + ) functions and wiped the planner:thumbsdow
spent half hour on hold to sky:rolleyes: in the end used the forums to reset the box

all is working fine now but i reckon its sky who have done it because they have been pestering me for a insurance policy on the equipment :rotfl:

thanks anyway avforums for your help once again:clap:

J-K

Guys - this is exactly what happened to my box. It just randomly stopped working. The '+' features, and planner were deleted. I had to reset the box, and it then worked fine...

Considering this happened to 3 of us in the same area [I think, West London] - surely this is some kind of strange conspiracy by Sky??? Plus - if the fault lies with Sky, and not us, or our boxes - surely we have a case for compensation, as it presumably affected several other people too???

dapex

not sure if this is related at all, but this morning I tried to press record and nothing would record. My planner all seemed intact though. I have powererd down the box and now it wont even turn back on... When I try to turn it on the red power light blinks once and then stay red.....

Cheers

Xeonic

Standard Member
Hmmm... Tried to record madagascar yesterday afternoon - no workie :rolleyes: Had to reset the (+) box to get back record functions. Midlands based, so it wasn't only a london thing :( Coincidence??? Very unlikely!

kevantlin

similar thing happened to me last night, i couldnt veiw anything i had recorderd. Only thing i could do was cut the power and reboot:mad:

T

Tightfart

I think you'll find a lot of the problems on the night of the 24th were caused by a lot of unusual activity in the skys above Europe effecting the astra footprint. Apparently the height and speed of flying reindeers knocks the signal out.:thumbsup:

FRANTIC FRANC

My dad's did - lost all the recording functions so I had to reformat the HDD but strangley mine didn't (we have the same box!)

Cheers, Franc

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom