Anyone else with a Tesla ?

For Tesla owners only, would you upgrade to MCU2 for 2-2.5K ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
2% (1% last year) BiK makes a lot of sense for business use, in fact our company have stopped offering ICE cars, only EV and hybrids
Rather than take breaks for the few, why spend the money on clean up Buses and Taxi's

Rather than take breaks for the few, why spend the money on clean up Buses and Taxi's
The few? That's an absolute ton of cars being changed for EV's compared to buses and taxis.

The first generation of the non tesla brands will probably all need a battery replacement soon, at a high cost too.
This just isn't happening. I've not read of any cars needing batteries replaced as a general rule due to age.

This just isn't happening. I've not read of any cars needing batteries replaced as a general rule due to age.
More reading for you my son, you can read a hole heap about early Tesla's. More recently all LG battery power cars in the US got recalled more than once over fears of explosions.

So with Tesla we know the tech. has improved everyone else we simply don't know.

More reading for you my son, you can read a hole heap about early Tesla's. More recently all LG battery power cars in the US got recalled more than once over fears of explosions.

So with Tesla we know the tech. has improved everyone else we simply don't know.
You'll need to show me stuff on early Teslas getting their batteries replaced as a general rule. I'm not saying it doesn't happen at all, but it's not happing in large numbers as far as I'm aware.

As for the LG recall, that's a safety procedure due to a manufacturing issue and again, not to do with "batteries getting old".

When I looked at second hand EVs some time back, like the leafs, the battery “health” was a real issue. Some a couple of years down to 70%.

Yes, the original leaf didn't have a BMS (Battery Management System) and so the batteries were not really "looked after" by the car. Big mistake on their part and pretty much every other EV out there has a BMS. Even then, the cars and batteries are still usable although range is obviously more limited.

Battery degradation due to age isn't at all common and using the Leaf as an examples is unfair on the entire EV market.

Another whopping increase on the model 3 over night.

M3 SR+ up to £46k
M3LR up to £55k (same as the MYLR)

Bonkers
Not really bonkers. I bought a MAN van for work last year and ordered another this year. It's gone up nearly £10k!

Yes, the original leaf didn't have a BMS (Battery Management System) and so the batteries were not really "looked after" by the car. Big mistake on their part and pretty much every other EV out there has a BMS. Even then, the cars and batteries are still usable although range is obviously more limited.

Battery degradation due to age isn't at all common and using the Leaf as an examples is unfair on the entire EV market.
No, maybe it isn't, and I know Tesla are way ahead of the curve in terms of battery management and lifetime.
BUT the leaf is still over £30k and if I would’ve bought one with a range of 125 miles and a few years later, I could only get 90 miles, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Last edited:
Oh totally....it wasn't a good start for EV's and I think everybody has learnt a huge lesson from it.

I’d love to have a full EV as our around town car, but I can’t afford the premium prices. Even the cheapest is £30k. Is there anything under £30k?
I’d love the Honda E.

The MG range starts at £27,495 (after the grant). But soon hits £30K for the better featured ones.

EVs are really expensive. The first generation of the non tesla brands will probably all need a battery replacement soon, at a high cost too.

My Daughter bought a 4 year old Renault Zoe for under £4000 nearly 4 years ago, its now coming up on 8 years old and has covered 80k miles.

In Jan the HVAC Compressor failed which caused the car to not charge, its been sat 8 weeks while she found a cheap second hand compresser as she did not want to pay Renault price to fix it. All in it cost £300 to get and have the compressor fitted, first fault in the time she's owned the car, (And she does not treat it well!!)

As it had stood for a couple of months with no power in the HV battery I had a diagnostic run on it when it as fixed

8 Years Old, 80k miles on the clock, Battery State of Health Still 97%..

So they seem to be holding up well

IMG_0854.JPG

So managed to book 90% of the accommodation now for the European road trips we have planned in the summer :)

First is a short/quick trip to France.....

51952666350_f8d887f5dc_c_d.jpg

Than the main event to Norway, it'll all be done in our near 5 year old Tesla!! Whats amazing for the Norway trip is even with 6 people in the car there is enough space for a decent amount of luggage. Cannot wait :).

51952369404_f68143bdc4_c_d.jpg

51948043453_a9bed0cbd1_c_d.jpg

Wow that looks like an amazing trip. How many stops on the way to and from the tip of Norway?

Wow that looks like an amazing trip. How many stops on the way to and from the tip of Norway?

Should be amazing. We are actually going to get the ferry from Copenhagen into Oslo. Land in Hook of Holland at 8am, aim to drive to hit north of Lubek in day one, than get to Copenhagen by 3pm next day for the ferry.

Really looking forwards to Norway, not just the roads/sights, the accommodation is pretty amazing and actually much cheaper than the UK especially when we are booking out entire houses for 6 people!

51953091355_5efb9c4ed1_c_d.jpg

Well, I've finally been able to order my MY LR through work today :D

Ive been waiting for this for a very long time, I went with the 20" rims too so fingers crossed, I won't be waiting long at all.

Well, I've finally been able to order my MY LR through work today :D

Ive been waiting for this for a very long time, I went with the 20" rims too so fingers crossed, I won't be waiting long at all.

Ordered mine at the weekend too! Black with the 20" rims... showing delivery between May 28th and June 25th... but we will see I guess.

Ordered mine at the weekend too! Black with the 20" rims... showing delivery between May 28th and June 25th... but we will see I guess.
I can't see a date since its through a fleet company however, the guys over on the Tesla motor club forum are watching the RCC America which is a vehicle carrier due at Southampton on the 27th May. There's no confirmation that its carrying Tesla's but it does seem to coincide with the date estimates people are being given 🤞

The car was looking rather worse for wear given it hasn't been washed since the start of winter, so today I had some time and tried to recruit my daughter to help, but she had other ideas :lol:....Still after doing half attempt at washing (one bucket, Halfords car wash, and a sponge), for something that is essentially our family hack at 4.5 years old its still in pretty good shape.

Seeing plenty of Ys on the road now, am sure they will serve their job of been fantastic family cars as well as ours has done - Am quite looking forwards to seeing how our manage the next 5 years of ownership :).

52002114483_9578cca0f1_c_d.jpg

52002580880_bd957eaa8c_c_d.jpg

More delays for Model Y's as Shanghai factory is still shut.. My dates have moved back from Mid May to Mid late June now....

More delays for Model Y's as Shanghai factory is still shut.. My dates have moved back from Mid May to Mid late June now....
I'm prepared to see mine in July / August, any sooner and it will be a bonus.

I'm prepared to see mine in July / August, any sooner and it will be a bonus.

No rush - my M3 is perfectly fine for now - only issue I have is the trade in price was only for 60 days I believe so will need to see what happens when that lapses.... Don't fancy a drop of £2/3k

No rush - my M3 is perfectly fine for now - only issue I have is the trade in price was only for 60 days I believe so will need to see what happens when that lapses.... Don't fancy a drop of £2/3k
Looks like Giga shanghai will be back up and running again on Monday, we could still see those late May deliveries 😁

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom