Anyone else with a Tesla ?

For Tesla owners only, would you upgrade to MCU2 for 2-2.5K ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
It’s been confirmed this week that the car list is not changing and all the cars (inc Tesla’s) are now order-able. Which means the home charger contract must be sorted also.

Im off this week so should get sign off to order next week!
Fantastic news. You are going to love it :)

Thanks, fingers crossed no other hurdles etc.

I’m 99% sure I will be signed off.

In other news...

@Dony Tesla just dropped the price on the SR+ and LR!

Now that lockdown is starting ease the car is getting work out again, have done just under 100 miles today on various errands, with a loverly family picnic scoffed in the car (7 degrees outside) to celebrate our anniversary followed by a gentle bike ride.

Interms of family usage, these things really are fab with pretty much zero comprise compared to combustion cars (if you have home charging) :).

51105253648_4009d7ce67_c_d.jpg

51106087160_802b0cf34d_c_d.jpg

How are you finding it? Done much driving?

many gripes so far?
Only driven a 22 mile round trip to work and back since I got it so not given it a good go yet. I absolutely love it, no regrets at all. Still getting used to the regen not being as aggressive as I thought it would be. I can feel it doing its thing but on my short journeys with many roundabouts I still have to use my brake now and again because it doesn’t slow down enough. I am slowing down well in advance. For some reason when I put the car in reverse I sometimes use the indicator stalk instead, you would have thought I would have got used to where it was after nearly 2 weeks :)

It’s great not having to go to the petrol station to fill up and can just charge as and when I need/want to, even though I charge every night anyway up to 90 percent. I only use about 20% per day at the moment. I have had plenty of people walking past and admiring it that’s for sure, even though they seem to be more common on the roads now.

I still have that new car feeling and the way it accelerates is insane. I don’t think I could go back to an ICE car ever again. The instant power when pulling away is fantastic, I only had a 1.5 DSG before hand and the difference in driving this is like day and night. So glad I jumped on the Tesla bandwagon just in time before the grant got removed on the SR.

For some reason when I put the car in reverse I sometimes use the indicator stalk instead, you would have thought I would have got used to where it was after nearly 2 weeks :)
Just wait until you jump in to another car. When I drive my wife's 5 series I try and put it in reverse by turning the wipers on :laugh:

The other day I went to Wickes to buy some wood. Jumped out of her car, walked off and actually remembered to lock it which I usually forget to do. Bloody thing wouldn't lock, it just beeped the horn every time I pressed the button. I walked back to the car trying to figure out what was wrong only to find I hadn't pressed the button to turn the engine off :rotfl:

Approved!

went to order yesterday and the system has a bug in it which won’t be fixed until Monday! 😩

our VP rightly pointed out it doesn’t matter, the car is already on a container coming over and I will likely be in the June shipment!

Any used a referral code when getting a company car and/or leasing?

what’s the process?

Any used a referral code when getting a company car and/or leasing?

what’s the process?
Yes I did. You get 1000 freee supercharger miles. You need to do it when the order is made with Tesla. It’s hard to add after. Whoever orders for you just needs to give them the code. I have a code if you wanted to try :🙂

Yes I did. You get 1000 freee supercharger miles. You need to do it when the order is made with Tesla. It’s hard to add after. Whoever orders for you just needs to give them the code. I have a code if you wanted to try :🙂
This could get tricky because I’m going to need our fleet company to ask the lease company to do it!

plenty of room for error there.

To be honest it's barely worth the effort these days. Long gone are the days of good rewards....1,000 free miles that only last for 6 months isn't of much use to many.

To be honest it's barely worth the effort these days. Long gone are the days of good rewards....1,000 free miles that only last for 6 months isn't of much use to many.
Can thrash it around early on when i suppose it’s at it’s more fun.

Yeah, but it's worth about £60-80 at most so nothing to get hung up about in reality :)

Got 1000 miles free - used 0..... Lost them as they disappear after 12 months

Pretty sure it's 6 months now.

It's so worthless for me I don't even know if I can be bothered to use my own referral code on my next purchase :rotfl:

So it appears the Model 3 battery degrades by about 8% at 50K miles and 2 years old regardless of its supercharged alot or not.....this is WORSE than the degradation in S/X using older cell design. My car is at 5% at 50K 4 years.

Apart from been cheaper, I remain far from convinced Tesla battery pack have actually shown any improvements versus the original 85 packs from pre 2015 :(.

Bjorn Nyland Tests 2019 Tesla Model 3 LR Battery Degradation

Ordered the M3 today!

unfortunately, I couldn’t get the white, because the company have deemed it in the system as pearlescent, which I think is because it’s called pearl white. Oh well!

Went with black, which I thought looks sleek and smart.

Ordered the M3 today!

unfortunately, I couldn’t get the white, because the company have deemed it in the system as pearlescent, which I think is because it’s called pearl white. Oh well!

Went with black, which I thought looks sleek and smart.
Congrats. So you are not allowed pearlescent?

Congrats. So you are not allowed pearlescent?
Yeah. Think it’s to do with that it’s usually an expensive option and a little flashy.

not really sure why tbh.

A question please for a Model 3 owner, and thank you in advance.

I see the length of the car is around 4.69m. Would anyone please be able to advise if that is affected at all when the boot is open? IE is 4.69m the max length?

I ask as my (lovely) wife has ordered one. Thinking about where to put the charger and the garage is literally just over 4.7m, it'll be a tight fit. I don't really want to put he charged outside if I can help it so would be grateful for any assistance. Cheers all.

I see the length of the car is around 4.69m. Would anyone please be able to advise if that is affected at all when the boot is open? IE is 4.69m the max length?

I ask as my (lovely) wife has ordered one. Thinking about where to put the charger and the garage is literally just over 4.7m, it'll be a tight fit. I don't really want to put he charged outside if I can help it so would be grateful for any assistance. Cheers all.
Hi. Sorry I don’t think it will fit. This guy did a YouTube video of squeezing it in his garage. His garage is 4990mm and it’s the tightest squeeze I have ever seen. His video and garage dimensions are below if it helps.

41E3BD3D-B6EC-40DE-9188-386CA115DD23.png

Whilst it does sound like it won’t fit - you will need to measure exactly the length in the garage. From what I can tell it is 2,694mm long and 1,850mm wide (2,089mm wide to door mirrors)

Make sure you measure the usable length in the garage and if needed arrange something so you can get really close at the front every time. Check the door when it is closing - for example my roller door has a flat bar on the bottom which sticks into the garage space more than the actual surface of the door. I would need to allow for that or the door might scrape down the bumper.....

If your usable length in the garage is 2,700mm you have 6mm clearance and logically that is unlikely to work. If you have say 75- 100mm clearance it could work with rubber or something to guide you to within 25mm of the front wall.

I wouldn’t worry about opening the boot - you need to simply cover the operating buttons for the boot with a locked cover whist the car is in the garage :rotfl:

Opening the boot only if the garage door is open - even then watch the height!! :)

Cheers for that to both of you. I think I'll hold off on ordering the charger for now. Wish me luck!

Whoo hoo, Tesla have finally fixed the passenger side window/door on our X, it only took 3 service visits. So in the last 6 months its had 4 service/warranty visits, the warranty runs out in September, costs £3800 to extended it for another 4 years at which point the car will be 8 years old and the battery/motor warranty will also expire.......

Zero interest in selling the car, and a new X in the same config is now £110K for with FSD so no thank you, 100 miles of extra range isn't close to been worth £60K to me.

So do I feel lucky about the running the car without the extended warranty??

51135387104_def3408f63_k_d.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom