Anyone else with a Tesla ?

For Tesla owners only, would you upgrade to MCU2 for 2-2.5K ?

• Yes

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
No luxury car tax!!

2.224 VED: Zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) – From 1 April 2020, the government will exempt all ZEVs registered until 31 March 2025 from the VED ‘expensive car’ supplement. The measure will incentivise the uptake of ZEVs to support the phasing out of petrol and diesel vehicles. (44)

The change in the law will apply from 1 April 2020. This change will apply to all zero-emission vehicles registered from 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2025.

Another £1500 saved over 5 years

The change in the law will apply from 1 April 2020. This change will apply to all zero-emission vehicles registered from 1 April 2017 until 31 March 2025.

Another £1500 saved over 5 years

Great news if its retrospective, I was given a cheque for £1600 to cover the extra VED of our current insurance replacement X since our orginal car was £0 VED been registered before April 2017.

Man maths that's over 50% of the MCU2 paid for thanks to budget changes:).

So if I order one this month no Premium Car Tax ?

Have they dropped the White interior on the base as an option ?

No luxury tax, but LR and performance get no grant

net effect

£1100 drop on SR+ (£1600ish VED reduction, but grant reduced £500 to £3500)

£2k increase on LR & P. (£1600 VED reduction but no EV grant so £3500 increase)

So I presume this will keep £50k Tesla residuals even stronger going fowards, with older 17+ plate cars now not having extra VED, and new £50k+ Tesla been £3.5k more expensive.

So I presume this will keep £50k Tesla residuals even stronger going fowards, with older 17+ plate cars now not having extra VED, and new £50k+ Tesla been £3.5k more expensive.
Yes you would think so... I bought mine at probably the best time...... as I bought it just before Tesla increased the price by £2000.
So to buy the same car now, it will cost £56,490 instead of £49,990. Got to have a positive impact on used prices?

I see Tesla have reduced the price of their Long Range model 3 such that it qualifies for the £3000 grant (at least they believe it does). But I thought the £50k price had to include everything such as paint, other optional extras and delivery. Is this not the case? The white model comes under £50k if you exclude the delivery fee but when you start adding extras it certainly doesn't.

I see Tesla have reduced the price of their Long Range model 3 such that it qualifies for the £3000 grant (at least they believe it does). But I thought the £50k price had to include everything such as paint, other optional extras and delivery. Is this not the case? The white model comes under £50k if you exclude the delivery fee but when you start adding extras it certainly doesn't.

price includes options. So only the absolute base model would qualify

Do you mean the base long range model? I thought delivery costs were also included but I hope I’m wrong.

From the Tesla website:

“The plug-in grant is a purchase subsidy of up to £3,000 which is deducted from the purchase price of eligible new Tesla vehicles. Vehicles with a list price under £50,000 before application of optional extras, delivery and registration charges are eligible.”

I’m assuming they’ve got it right?

No luxury tax, but LR and performance get no grant

net effect

£1100 drop on SR+ (£1600ish VED reduction, but grant reduced £500 to £3500)

Only £600 drop on SR+ as Tesla have increased the price by £500

Another day of finding things to do in lockdown!

Looks much better without the ugly plate holders

I don't mind the plate holders or the chrome. I guess mine will be worth a fortune in years to come as the only unmodified Model 3 in the world lol, apart from the centre console and the mudflaps and the wireless charger and the TESLA emblem on the way and the ccs cover and the boot lifters....errrrrrr bugger that didn't work...

Are those road legal? I thought it was only the version without the border.

According to proplates where I got them - yes.

With the amount of dodgy spacing on private registrations around here I would like to think they are going to get pulled over before me!

In car dashcam/sentry viewer is excellent on the latest update. Saves the hassle of taking the storage out the car to view stuff.

It's definitely a work in progress, being unable to scrub through the video is a pain

Premium connectivity now available in your Tesla account - £9.99 per month

Premium connectivity now available in your Tesla account - £9.99 per month

yeah - I'll see whether I purchase or not. I don't often use Spotify when in the car myself (usually talksport or something). I can stream from my phone if needed.

The traffic thing is a bit gimmicky and I don't use it to re-route myself currently.

Will wait and see I think.

Anyone cancelled an order for one?
On their website it says there should be a cancel button, where you get your £1k deposit back. Does not exist. So emailed them nothing back yet. Not even a we got your email reply.

I went on Google and this seems a common problem. Worth going to my bank for help instead?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom