Anyone else with a Tesla ?

Discussion in 'Hybrid, PHEV & EV Electric Cars Forum' started by tfboy, Oct 21, 2016.

1. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40,573
    I did know it's really "vinyl" ;)

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,925
    Have to say it's a lovely material, really pleased with mine. It's very soft to the touch but actually very hard wearing. Any muck on it and a wet wipe later and it's gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,599
    And if Tesla is the same as Mercedes in their use of such materials, there is an additional benefit where it will keep its shape etc properly. Really nice hardwearing material in my experience. I'd have it anyday over the real stuff. Not good for CO2 emissions though as the cows are still alive.

4. Bl4ckGryph0n

Bl4ckGryph0n
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11,599
    This was the last car I was in that had brown vinyl as seats...

https://******/images/ypfbbw

5. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Well, I was invited to a friend's surprise birthday party by his girlfriend. It was in Amsterdam. I did check plane tickets and Eurostar, but at around €500 return for two, I decided to drive instead.

Set off early Saturday morning, paused briefly at Folkestone Channel Tunnel for a breakfast and charge. Then continued through France and Belgium. On the way there, we stopped at Lokeren for a late lunch & top-up. Arrived in Amsterdam around 16:30. I had planned to use the P&R at the ArenA stadium, and despite having checked it was open, was greeted with a closed gate. Argh! I nipped round to the Tesla store to ask if they could suggest some other parking for just over 24 hours and they very kindly offered to keep my car in their car park :) Grabbed a coffee and water whilst we were there and charged up a bit so not to leave the car with a low state of charge and a cold battery, then headed into town by Metro.

On the way back, it was pretty much the reverse trip. We stopped at Antwerp instead of Lokeren, then carried on back through to Calais. We had the most awesome sunset driving along the motorway with wind turbines in the distance. I must grab the footage off the car! We arrived a few hours earlier than I had originally booked, so we took an earlier crossing charging up whilst we had dinner.

Of course, the journey time was longer than had we flown, but the comparative cost was pretty much nil, a lot less stressful (apart from the car park issue!) and a real pleasure. I certainly wouldn't have done it in any other car.

6. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40,573
    Wouldn't it be cool if they had charging points on the train :D:smashin:

7. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +989
    Coming up to 12 months of ownership, treated the car to a full paint correction and protection.

For a family huller it scrubs up well :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. paulyoung666

paulyoung666
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,810
    Good god , a year already !!

9. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40,573
    How many miles in a year @gangzoom? X1 + X2 obviously. or have you had X2 a year? :eek:

10. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +989
    Cannot believe we've now had a X for 12 months. Our first 12 months of Tesla ownership hasn't been without drama, but that's mainly due to factors not relating to the car(s).

We originally ordered a 60D X back in Summer 2016 having originally ordered a 75D S. But after a test drive in a LHD P90D X the decision to switch to the X was made, I have to say not sure our daughter enjoyed her first ride in a X :)

[​IMG]

By the time we took delivery in March 2017 she was already old enough to try and drive the thing!!

[​IMG]

But sadly just before the summer really started and family holiday road trips, a Seat took a rather unwelcomed interest in the car, the incident killed both cars and for a while it looked like we our Tesla ownership was going to end rather prematurely :(.

[​IMG]

Luckily through the Tesla FaceBook group I got in contact with a great accident management company that delivered a brand new 90D X whilst the insurance companies sorted things out.

[​IMG]

The 90D was great, it was a Tesla after all, but with a 5 seater black interior it felt very different from our original car, the summer came and went. I couldn't wait to get our X back, clearly our daughter felt the same :).

[​IMG]

In total over the last 12 months we've covered 15K in 3 different Xs. Never had a single mechanical breakdown or any major issues, I've lost count the number of weekend/day trips out we've been on. Unlike the Leaf we had before worrying about charge/range was a rarity even on our near 700 miles round trip from Leicester to Edinburgh, and through out the winter/snow I never saw the SOC drop below 20% despite never charging it above 80% day to day.

The list of things I love about our X is long, but to sum it up as a form of transportation for a young family I cannot think of any other car on this planet I rather own right now - Given how tight we normally are with £££ that is saying something!!

Looking forwards to another 12 months of happy motoring in the best car I've ever owned* :).

*I've yet to figure out how to take a photo of the car without the doors opening themselves - might be a design fault with all Xs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +989
    First 60D X, 4.5K miles than written off
    Second 90D X loaner, 4.5K miles than returned (had 100 miles on the clock when I was given it!!)
    Third 75D X, replacement car for original 60D X, 7K miles so far, hopefully will not be crashed into :).

No breakdowns or drama to report in any of the cars.

12. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40,573
    I'll merge your new thread in here:thumbsup:

13. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    I'm about 20 months in with mine. Just went over 37k miles. Need to change tyres (not bad considering I've covered that mileage with its first set of tyres for a car of this performance!)

Received the "ho ho ho" update a bit late, but still loving it. Like @gangzoom said, if it ticks the majority of your boxes, there's nothing that can come close to comfort and enjoyment.

14. Kitch

Kitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    Wife just ordered her x75d, gone for delivery for 1st September.
    She is moving from a VW Toureag.
    Had a loaner over the Easter weekend which we loved.

15. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,925
    You're going to love it. Once you go EV there's no going back :D

16. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +989
    Had a X now for just over 12 months, 17k covered now. Absolutely love ours best family car ever by a long long way, got a trip planned to France this summer, might even see if we can squeeze in a blast to Switzerland as well!! Stupidlly expensive car but worth every single penny :).

[​IMG]

17. Kitch

Kitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +197
    Yes, expensive but the wife will be buying through her business and yearly costs work out less then the Toureag, plus we have lots of solar at home so will take advantage of that.

18. Garyman

Garyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +327
    Bump

We had Tesla at our work doing a presentation about the company and they brought along a S and X.

Really interesting insight on what Tesla are trying to achieve in terms of energy but I was there more for the cars.

First time I got up and close with either models and this just made me want a Tesla even more!

Just a matter of money though

Need to win the lottery and I'll be sorted lol