Anyone else waiting for stuff from Rega?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by matt303, May 3, 2007.

1. matt303

matt303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Is anyone else here having problems with orders from Rega? I listened to some R5s a month ago and decided to buy a pair, so the shop ordered some. Since then it's been a promise of they'll be sent out on the next shipment almost twice a week. Today took the biscuit when I phoned the shop and they said Rega had told them they were being dispatched today only to get a phone call just before leaving work to say Rega didn't have any in the finish I wanted and it'll be next week now. Now if I'd ordered them and they'd said there's a 5 week wait (they did say 10 days to start with) it would have been fine but at the moment it seems like they have no idea what orders, stock and manufacturing they have.

..... end of rant.

2. cwilson

cwilson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear you are being messed around, I understand that Rega are rather busy at the moment. I had to wait 2-3 weeks for my Saturn. At the time the dealer told me to expect the wait, and they were advising 2-3 weeks for anything.
    You could try ringing rega and find out what the problem is straight from the horses mouth as it were.

3. proux

proux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    see this month's hifi choice- they have been too successful in the past year and have a backlog!

4. Helicon

Helicon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    They've also lost a few members of staff over the past few months which has set them back a bit.

5. matt303

matt303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Guess I'm just being a bit grumpy because of the repeated "it's going out in the next order" stuff. Seeing as I'm going to be buying a Mira 3, Apollo and maybe a bias 2 later this year maybe I should place my orders now ;)

6. cwilson

cwilson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then when you get there you will have one hell of a system-

7. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,960
    Erm- yeah for the speakers that is probably the case but the fact the people that make their all singing all dancing CD solution folded recently won't be doing their digital side of that success much good.