• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone else use Max ripper/encoder software?

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I thought I'd use this software for a change but something isnt quite right.:confused:On some cds the title artist and list of tracks appears as it should on Max window then the ripping and encoding commences.Only problem here is that i keep getting an ITunes file permission error which i have to delete each time .On other cds The Max window appears with nothing showing, the ripping and encoding starts but then seems to stop only to start importing in iTunes,I then stop this process to allow Max to continue but the end result is a iget a long list of unnamed tracks at the bottom of my itunes Music library.I am wondering if I have got my settings quite right?? Could someone please advise me what the problem could be? thanks

pS I dont seem to be getting much joy out of the Apple discussions forums these days:confused:. and cannot register on Max's very own forum

alanrob

Established Member
think i will from now on Its just that this software had been recommended to me in the past and as it offers a whole lsit of codecs I thought i'd try it, but i can see its just unnecessary hassle:)

I used to use my old Windows program to rip my CD's and then have to import them into iTunes. I then did a test to see if there was any difference between both methods of ripping and on an iPod I could hear no difference.
So I've used iTunes ever since. Just make sure and change the default settings to 320kbps and VBR on to get the best quality going.

D

Deleted member 27989

Yep that's why i do...Itunes MP3 at 320kbps with VBR...Very decent quality and highly compatible files that work with anything (i.e. in car systems, MP3 cds/dvds etc besides ipod/iphone). So easy and hassle free...

jp_bl_68

Prominent Member
I use iTunes for CDs and HandBrake for DVDs. I tried Mac The Ripper but I found it to be a bit too fiddly compared to the other two.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom