Anyone else tired Stadia yet?

Anyone recommend an Ethernet adaptor for the Chromecast ultra please? As far as I can tell Google don't sell the official one in the UK for some bizarre reason. If anyone has one that works well please let me know , pref from Amazon. Ta

Anyone recommend an Ethernet adaptor for the Chromecast ultra please? As far as I can tell Google don't sell the official one in the UK for some bizarre reason. If anyone has one that works well please let me know , pref from Amazon. Ta
It comes integrated into the CCU power lead.

eJnvbSVxsCZnm88znFegC4.jpg
eJnvbSVxsCZnm88znFegC4.jpg

Last edited:
New to the scene..running it on a chromecast.

Outlay is nice and no lag...played Destiny 2 Saturday night and impressed.

My only beef is the library is a bit small....

Also tried Destiny 2 out at the weekend on my old 2011 Mac mini and was also impressed, the library is the downfall though the only game that really interests me is Baldur's Gate 3, if I had known about Stadia sooner I would definitely have grabbed Cyberpunk and Assassins Creed Valhalla instead of the Xbox versions.

Anyone played or recommend Baldur's Gate 3 and can you play with Keyboard and mouse or is just controller only?

Also if on iPad,if you go to settings,Safari, advanced,experimental features,then turn on webrtcv9 codec,u may also see an improvement..

I’ll have to give this a try. Playing Destiny 2 and there was quite a bit of lag on my iPad. Fenyx was a little better but definitely more noticeable lag than I’d like playing a game like that which relies on reactions for fighting and aiming etc.

Been playing Destiny 2 on my iPad over the last few days and when it works it’s brilliant but every so often the quality drops to the point I lose control and can’t see what’s happening. This normally happens in the middle of an intense fight, I’m pretty sure it’s down to my sky broadband or wireless network.

It’s a shame but I think I’ll stick with console for now.

Been playing Destiny 2 on my iPad over the last few days and when it works it’s brilliant but every so often the quality drops to the point I lose control and can’t see what’s happening. This normally happens in the middle of an intense fight, I’m pretty sure it’s down to my sky broadband or wireless network.

Sky routers are known to be problematic for Stadia - got any other hardware you can try using for mesh/router?

Sky routers are known to be problematic for Stadia - got any other hardware you can try using for mesh/router?

No, it’s not an issue with anything else so reluctant to spend money on it. Have google partnered with a provider?

Thanks for your reply though :smashin:

No, it’s not an issue with anything else so reluctant to spend money on it. Have google partnered with a provider?

Thanks for your reply though :smashin:
Loads have moaned about Sky routers. At least on my Reddit trips.

Can confirm my sky was crap so bought the tp link mesh system and it runs a treat.

To be honest though you're better just to cable in if you can.

Coming up 6 months since trying Stadia I have now built up a fair games library:

F1 2020
Cyberpunk 2077
Far Cry 5
Assassin's Creed Odyssey + expansion
Destiny + expansion.

I've tried but 'returned'

Grid + expansion pack
Star wars Fallen order.

In total Stadia tells me I've spent over 150 hrs on it since end of June, that works out about 1hr a day, and most of that I suspect has been random 'free' time I've found in the evenings after finishing off work on the laptop.

Been really enjoying F1 2020 on the big screen since getting the 'free' Chromecast ultra, even at 1080p streaming it looks awesome on a 50inch OLED panel.

With a wired connection (via Powerlink adaptors), the gaming performance is essentially identical to my Xbox one but without the faff for updates or installs.

Total I've spent on games with Stadia stands at £150 including the getting the Chromecast Ultra+controller for 'free', not too bad really, £1/hr equivalent cost :).

Overall Stadia will 100% be my gaming platform going forwards. I got enough games to keep me going for a while now, but I am looking fowards to Hitman 3 - will pick up in a sales event probably next year this time.

50766184801_cb273c5197_k_d.jpg

I found Grid to be not great,,refunded..loving Cyber Punk..

F1 2020 is so much better, very odd given they are both by Codemasters. The best driving game I've played bar none.

Though I spend half the time re-creating memories from past F1 races I've attended:)

8076508999_a611a1c34a_b.jpg

50764010381_917d086c71_b.jpg

8070177615_81e7d12424_k_d.jpg

50762142352_2cf4408767_k_d.jpg

15045988472_30b45ac49c_o_d.jpg

50194343201_62238273dd_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
I just didn't like the car physics in grid,,I guess I'm spoilt by assetto Corsa,,love F1 though..

Decided to change my broadband to Virgin M500 :D the difference is amazing. Played destiny 2 for a couple of hours without any issues, very impressive.

I've been interrupted 5 times today trying to start Cyberpunk. Tried mobile, study then lounge (I've a few CCUs).

Kids are bored lol, but this underlines why Stadia works for me, gaming casually: every time I've gone to start the game, it's taken less than a minute to be in the game itself.

If that was my PS4 or Switch, it'd take a lot longer from cold boot. By that time I'd be frustrated, and have been in the past a lot by long load and boot times.

Finally got 45mins in the lounge. Looks ace on Philips Ambilight.

IMG_20210110_130943_1 (1).jpg

^Looks great, OLED too?

I've got some Hue lights setup in the lounge, nice to change the lighting but no where as dramatic as around the screen. Still very nice to be able to play games on the big screen without the constant fan noise of a console :)

50833178231_679c0e1413_k.jpg

^Looks great, OLED too?

I've got some Hue lights setup in the lounge, nice to change the lighting but no where as dramatic as around the screen. Still very nice to be able to play games on the big screen without the constant fan noise of a console :)

50833178231_679c0e1413_k.jpg
Nope, lower-mid range Philips LED panel :) nothing special, but Ambilight set up properly on the TV settings is great! I can set my wall colour in the TV so it uses more accurate colours and whatnot when Ambilight is turned on.

As per the other thread - people worried Google would seemingly pull plugs last minute with little notice and here we go...internal studio gone.

Let's hope whatever they were working on moves elsewhere and jobs aren't lost entirely.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom