Anyone else tired Stadia yet?

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
On that note - if anyone wants to sell their Chromecast Ultra, I'm interested :D Gonna load one on to all the TVs!

kBm

Distinguished Member
Just landed...
Screenshot_20201215-211050_Facebook.jpg

No time to play, but i couldn't resist Synicate. 👍

gangzoom

Some asked about lag and Stadia controller at some point.

Did a brief test, Chromecast connected via Powerlink, Stadia controller to WiFi router 10 meters away in different room. 1080p stream. The answer to the lag question....What lag? Honestly couldn't detect any, the Stadia controller also is MORE sensitive and linear with the thumbsticks than the Xbox controller!

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
How would be the best way to try this out , is there a native app for Android TV? Or Nvidia shield I guess would be a good option maybe would it? I'm guessing at the end of the day though it's no competition for an Xbox series X or ps5 so perhaps having already invested in those there's little point me investigating this really, it might be interesting if there was a sub you could pay and not have to pay extra for games like cyberpunk but I guess that sort of model simply isn't sustainable unless you're Microsoft...
It looks interesting though and I'd give it a go more for curiosities sake than anything really

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
How would be the best way to try this out , is there a native app for Android TV? Or Nvidia shield I guess would be a good option maybe would it? I'm guessing at the end of the day though it's no competition for an Xbox series X or ps5 so perhaps having already invested in those there's little point me investigating this really, it might be interesting if there was a sub you could pay and not have to pay extra for games like cyberpunk but I guess that sort of model simply isn't sustainable unless you're Microsoft...
It looks interesting though and I'd give it a go more for curiosities sake than anything really
Get a trial, and have a go. Loads of them kicking about if you have a Google account (I think). Worst case, try the £8.99 Pro, get the free games and have a go. Any chrome browser, or chromecast ultra. Mobile, tablet...you name it.

Normal version is up to 1080p60, with pro up to 4k60.

Most people got Cyberpunk because they had a £10 off first purchase token as well as getting Stadia Premiere free (worth £90 rrsp). I paid £32 for Cyberpunk and got the Premiere pack fortunately. Worth it!

And while it might not beat a PS5 just yet overall (I think it does personally), it's comparable to a mid-tier PC for sure; most reviews are saying Stadia is the best option for Cyberpunk, as it requires minimal hardware outlay - though they all concede a high-end PC looks superb (but costs a lot).

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Get a trial, and have a go. Loads of them kicking about if you have a Google account (I think). Worst case, try the £8.99 Pro, get the free games and have a go. Any chrome browser, or chromecast ultra. Mobile, tablet...you name it.

Normal version is up to 1080p60, with pro up to 4k60.

Most people got Cyberpunk because they had a £10 off first purchase token as well as getting Stadia Premiere free (worth £90 rrsp). I paid £32 for Cyberpunk and got the Premiere pack fortunately. Worth it!

And while it might not beat a PS5 just yet overall (I think it does personally), it's comparable to a mid-tier PC for sure; most reviews are saying Stadia is the best option for Cyberpunk, as it requires minimal hardware outlay - though they all concede a high-end PC looks superb (but costs a lot).

Yeah bit gutted I missed that offer (typical for me though) , so I take it if I want to play on my TV I need a Chromecast ultra, can I use a PS5 or xsx controller or do I need the stadia controller? Never really looked into this to be honest but it looks interesting although to be fair apart from cyberpunk I'm pretty sure everything else will play and look better on a PS5 or xsx. Hmmm will have a look into it though. Thanks

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Yeah bit gutted I missed that offer (typical for me though) , so I take it if I want to play on my TV I need a Chromecast ultra, can I use a PS5 or xsx controller or do I need the stadia controller? Never really looked into this to be honest but it looks interesting although to be fair apart from cyberpunk I'm pretty sure everything else will play and look better on a PS5 or xsx. Hmmm will have a look into it though. Thanks
On CCU, you need Stadia pad. On any mobile, or chrome browser based option, you can use a PS4/Xbox controller. Others are less supported.

And to be honest, I doubt PS5/XSX will look better for newer releases in reality. More videos show that Stadia - when smooth with a good bandwidth - performs really close to a higher end PC. PS5 doesn't achieve that presently.

Hard to gauge really, as no other new releases to compare Stadia to in terms of consoles. Cyberpunk could be really well optimised for Stadia deliberately.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Try this video - it's reasonable for the comparisons.

Or digital foundry view is always pragmatic.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
For textures alone, this is lifted from the youtube video above as a screenshot. Stadia slightly better than consoles (in resolution mode) but PC looks loads better still :)

Capture.JPG

monsieurblack

Hi all

intrigued to give this a try and wondered if anyone had any info and/or link to the Cyberpunk Stadia offer please. I’ve seen a promo end date of 17th December but can’t seem to find the link?

is it a US only deal? Thanks in advance

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Hi all

intrigued to give this a try and wondered if anyone had any info and/or link to the Cyberpunk Stadia offer please. I’ve seen a promo end date of 17th December but can’t seem to find the link?

is it a US only deal? Thanks in advance
It's long gone globally now, sorry!

gangzoom

but PC looks loads better still :)

For now....Running F1 2020, the game play graphics really aren't far off real life TV footage, and all delivered by a device smaller than the palm of my hand.

I'm reading Google have managed to get to developer to work on Stadia 'exclusives', I would imagine if a games company only needed to focus on optimising their game for Google servers and no worry about multiples platforms (avoiding disasters like Cyberpunk on consoles) the results could be astounding.

The cloud is the future of gaming, I now have zero doubts.

50725493071_6b744c82b8_k_d.jpg

gangzoom

I'm pretty sure everything else will play and look better on a PS5 or xsx.

I really wouldn't put money on that, Hitman 2 looks absolutely gorgeous on Stadia, and the game play is identical to my Xbox version- zero lag.

None of these games are been Stadia "optimised' as the service has only been going a year. Given Googles mastery of AI and access to computing hardware things are going to get really interesting......

For consumers its fab news, right now I can play Hitman 2, Farcry 5, Cyberpunk 2077, F1 2020, Sniper Elite, Destiny 2 all with a click of a button. I cannot begin to think how much local storage you need to keep all those games updated on a console 500gig+??

Personally I cannot see how Sony has any chance to go toe to toe with Google on this, Microsoft maybe.

50719584472_a12e786117_k_d.jpg

monsieurblack

It's long gone globally now, sorry!
Ah OK, that’s a shame. Can’t believe I never even saw the offer 🤦‍♂️ Never mind! Thanks for letting me know. Bit odd still reading the ‘deadline’ for the offer as being the 17th but sure I’ll check it out soon enough.

Thanks again

RMGEE

I’ve got Sky Fibre Max and get download speeds around 50mbps, upload 10mbps but find playing Stadia really difficult due to the video stuttering every few seconds. I’ve tried on a laptop and last night on my iPad Pro after they announced you could play using the safari browser.

I never have problems with any video streaming services. Any ideas?

gangzoom

Whats you're WiFi connection like? Are you on 802.11AC or N?

Didn't realise it could work on Safari on the iPad.....Runs to iPad.....Doh, my iPad is as old as my laptop (Original Air), so not a chance of getting it work :(. Still Cyberpunk looks amazing on the laptop!!

If you really struggle with WiFi try Powerlink connections, I'm using them with my Chormecast and getting fantastic results, no slow downs :).

50725603672_c2df7e7c3e_k.jpg

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
So do you get ray tracing on stadia, I'm really going to have to try this for myself methinks. I guess the problem is you'll never get Sony or MS first party games on stadia , purely multi plats presumably and as far as I can tell a lot of the free games (and even some you have to pay for) are things you see included on gamepass.
Definitely going to give it a go though, just having to pay £50 at least for stadia premiere now is a tad annoying having missed that offer...

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
So do you get ray tracing on stadia, I'm really going to have to try this for myself methinks. I guess the problem is you'll never get Sony or MS first party games on stadia , purely multi plats presumably and as far as I can tell a lot of the free games (and even some you have to pay for) are things you see included on gamepass.
Definitely going to give it a go though, just having to pay £50 at least for stadia premiere now is a tad annoying having missed that offer...
No RT but first purchase might have a £10 off token on your account.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Ah OK, that’s a shame. Can’t believe I never even saw the offer 🤦‍♂️ Never mind! Thanks for letting me know. Bit odd still reading the ‘deadline’ for the offer as being the 17th but sure I’ll check it out soon enough.

Thanks again
They ran out of stock the moment people realised PS4/Xone versions were goosed; Stadia was the easy option due to the offer and no hardware etc.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
For now....Running F1 2020, the game play graphics really aren't far off real life TV footage, and all delivered by a device smaller than the palm of my hand.

I'm reading Google have managed to get to developer to work on Stadia 'exclusives', I would imagine if a games company only needed to focus on optimising their game for Google servers and no worry about multiples platforms (avoiding disasters like Cyberpunk on consoles) the results could be astounding.

The cloud is the future of gaming, I now have zero doubts.

50725493071_6b744c82b8_k_d.jpg
It's a really valid point actually - you develop for one hardware solution...possibly the reason the port of Cyberpunk has been relatively good!

Played Serious Sam 1 for 20 minutes. While it has aged like milk, it was super-duper smooth and sharp as nails!

RMGEE

Whats you're WiFi connection like? Are you on 802.11AC or N?

Didn't realise it could work on Safari on the iPad.....Runs to iPad.....Doh, my iPad is as old as my laptop (Original Air), so not a chance of getting it work :(. Still Cyberpunk looks amazing on the laptop!!

If you really struggle with WiFi try Powerlink connections, I'm using them with my Chormecast and getting fantastic results, no slow downs :).

They announced it yesterday Stadia comes to the iPhone and iPad with new iOS beta

Not sure about the wifi, will have a look later.

Thanks

RMGEE

Ok, I turned off Sky broadband shield and it’s much better.

Just played 30 minutes of Destiny 2 on my iPad and was very impressed

Trashman1971

Also if on iPad,if you go to settings,Safari, advanced,experimental features,then turn on webrtcv9 codec,u may also see an improvement..

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand