1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else signed up the three yet?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by jhjerpe, Apr 15, 2003.

1. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Just got a Nec e606 signed up to the new '3' 3G network... any one else out there using it? What have you found so far that is good and bad?

I've had a funny one so far... can't call customer service from my handset - get a busy tone!

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Didn't sign up because I don't think prices are good enough to compete with my Orange service and I'm not keen on the phones they've chosen to offer at launch. Also they haven't managed to figure out a way for a call to switch from UMTS to GSM when moving out of a UMTS area. I do wish them success though, I have a soft spot for Hutchison Telecom... Orange has gone downhill since the spin-off and even worse since it passed through the hands of Manessman, Vodafone and now France Télécom :(

So for the moment I'll be sticking with my lovely Siemens S55 (see topic below)

3. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    A 1000 minutes for 59 quid a month beats my current orange plan. On the 14 day trial so I will see how well the 2G / 3G switching works. Just tried a video call with a mate and that works really well. Sending video messages to email also works well!

The Nec e606 is a lot better than I thought, beats my Orange SPV as its faster and doesn't crash as much. Battery life is poor especially when you start playing with video... I suppose that's why they give you 2 batteries, not ideal!

I got feed up with Orange due to their poor approach to existing customers, I spend 1500 quid a year with them and they really do not seem to care.

4. Craig Atkins

Craig Atkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say I've really played with any of these phones, but they seem really thick for what they do... seem to be bigger than a 'normal' camera phone.
    How do you find it?

I think all the operators are like this... customer service really is quite poor in my experience, considering the amount of money we spend with the networks (like international calls! lol... can't understand how it's legal for them to cost that much money!)

5. jhjerpe

jhjerpe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The NEC e606 - three days on. Gradualy getting used to the menu system, as a phone it's OK. All the features work really will Camera, video etc. Battery is a big problem when you use the 3G services, they really do need to sort this out.

The size isn't that much bigger than other integrated camera phones and it does a lot more than most!

the 3G network is very unreliable, you get a lot of dropped calls and video calls are even worse. I will keep you posted as I have to make a decision on keeping it by next weekend.

PS. A strange problem has developed... can't call customer services from the handset.... maybe a cunning plan by three to stop people complaining? :)

6. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    3 sent me a lovely business card holder today with a cd-rom not played the cd-rom but it makes a great cc holder

7. CENSORED

CENSORED

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just copped the few 3G phones at the Link. Is it me or are they really ugly, bulky and well overpriced?

8. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm dead keen on the idea of three, but the handsets are still a bit clunky and expensive for what they are - I realise they're half price but for first generation toys that will be replaced in a few months...

If and when I start working (student) I'll sign up for a 3g contract, I don't have a landline and that many free minutes would make life nice and easy.