1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else seen / heard of this film?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by GJD, Mar 13, 2003.

1. GJD

GJD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Recent thread on here about the new phone box / assassin movie got me thinking of a weird foreign (possibly Italian or Spanish?) horror film I saw on TV when I was a kid (late 70's / early 80's). A bloke finds himself locked in a phone box in the middle of the day in a town centre. Passers by are amused. Van eventually turns up to help him but it just lifts the box up with him in it and takes him away. Seem to remember the van was driven by scary dwarves (are there any other kind in horror films?!), although I may have imagined that bit after eating too many Spangles!

Van eventually drops phone box in a Raiders-esque huge warehouse full of similar telephone boxes containing dead / decaying / dying people. Simplistic yes, but it scared the ar*e off me as a pre-teen! Remember seeing a similar sketch in Monty Python involving a busty housewife and milkmen locked in a bedroom, funnily enough!

Anyways, anyone else see it, hear of it being available? Would like to watch it again to prove it was real..It scared me more than The Singing Ringing Tree, and that's saying something!

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,376
    I have seen this film (not yours I do not think) a couple of time in the past How to Destroy the Reputation of the Greatest Secret Agent http://us.imdb.com/Title?0070354 and that has a scene in it where someone is kidnapped in a telephone booth. The first time I saw it I though my goodness what a load of rubbish, the second time I saw it (had to it was on a second feature) I got in to it and thought it brilliant.

3. Adlopa

Adlopa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The film you're thinking of is Spanish and was called La Cabina. And yes, it was pretty disturbing. I saw it on BBC 2 late on Saturday night back in the early 80s.

Joel Shumacher has sorta remade it with Colin Farrell but the plot is now based around a sniper who has Farrell trapped in the booth. The film is on hold, for obvious reasons.

4. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The short film - Desserts - mentioned at the bottom of the La Cabina web page is worth a look...I liked it anyway.