1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else running a CRT projector here?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by AndyFov, May 25, 2004.

1. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I'm struggling with the setup!

I have a NEC 9PG crt projector, it's multiscan, and can take anything up to 1600x1200. Max refresh rate is 93Hz. I'm trying to work out what I need to do to best hook it up to my projector.

The PC is nothing special, it's a 850mhz athlon, with WinDVD4, and a Nova T freeview card. So far, while not really knowing what I'm doing, I've setup Powerstrip to output a 1280x720p signal, and used advanced timing settings to squidge it down to the correct shape - or thereabouts.

When running Wintv, I was kinda hoping that the fullscreen mode would be just that. Instead it initally resizes to full screen, but then shows a 4:3 image in its place. Anyone know of a fix for that? How do you get a fullscreen 16:9 image out of a Nova T?

I'm sure there must be a better way, because as things stand I'm finding it all a bit clunky, and not especially useable. I know it's only early days, so I'm looking for a few pointers from hardened HCPC users to help me on my way!

TIA

Andy

2. dek1965

dek1965

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5