1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else own a Lecson?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by morrisb, Jan 19, 2001.

1. morrisb

morrisb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else out there own a Lecson 900? This machine is a budget player available from Debenhams which has been getting very good reviews in some magazines - particularly What HiFi.

Initially I was very pleased with it - it has a good range of features, the picture is good and it's multiregion hackable.

The problem I have with it is it's very fussy about which discs it will play!
    In particular it won't play the third Toy Story disc (as seen on Watchdog last week) or the second Fight Club disc (both R2). It's also had problems accepting various others - Sixth Sense, Stigmata Edward Scissorhands and so on...

The machine is supposed to be upgradeable - by loading update software, however, I've no idea how to get hold of this and Debenhams are a dead loss. Does anyone have any suggestions (beyond buying a new player!)

Opening a wider question - why is it acceptable to sell consumers players (and discs) which may not function correctly?
    OK you might skimp on the technology to keep costs down - but why not tell buyers what the machine will and won't do!

Caveat emptor!

2. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Doesn't this player have the same innards as the Wharfedale ?

There is a review of it in this month's What Hifi and the remote looks identical.