1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else out there listen to or bought Wharfedale Evo's ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Tommytutor, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Tommytutor

Tommytutor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone has auditioned the Pacific Evolution series and what their thoughts were. There is just nothing on
    this board about them. I do have the 40's by the way.

Tom

2. Big Ga

Big Ga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a HC setup comprising Pacific centre, PI-10s as main and some Wharfedale bipoles for the rear.
    Recently replaced the 10's with 40's (and moved the 10's into another room)

I heared the new Evos in the Bristol show last month. Difficult to tell in a different environment, but I wouldn't say there was a hell of a difference. They had the 30s on demo - so there was a bit more bass from my 40s of course!

I've been trying to compare mine to quite a few different setups and so far I'm very, very pleased!
    I guess the evo's should be the same or better.

3. Tommytutor

Tommytutor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Big Ga

Thanks for the reply to this thread. It is always fun to get somebody elses opinion on equipment. I did get to audition some PI 20's which were being cleared out for the Evolution series. The store wasn't going to carry the Evo series because the rotating tweeter was going to be eliminated. Needless to say, I went and bought some Paradigm Monitor 3's at a different store, which didn't quite do it for me in the highs. They seemed a little agressive to me. About three months later I stopped back at the store that had the PI20's and low and behold, they had the Evo's. I guess a lot of people were asking about the Wharfedales so they brought them back in. I ended up with the 40's. I think the main difference between the PI's and the Evo's would be the cabinets. I doubt that the drivers are any different. I'm still amazed at the bass they put out and the tweeter seems smoother to me. The Paradigms had a titanium dome where as the Wharfedales are a soft silk dome.
    Tom