Anyone else on here ever died?

scarty16

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was reading the what happens after death thread (now closed) and it reminded me that when I was 4 years old I managed to hang myself. I was considered to be "clinically dead", but here I am 48 years later, going strong, although my left knee is a bit dodgy at times.

FYI - Clinical death - Wikipedia

I remember everything up to the point of hanging myself, but not anything afterwards eg: blue lights to Derby Hospital and being in hospital.

Before anyone says it - I am not resurrecting an old thread :)

Perhaps you did die, and AVF general chat is your afterlife?

It's entirely up to you whether you consider it to be heaven or hell?

Oh, and nice use of the word 'resurrecting' in a thread about dying. Like it.

I died at little inside, a couple of times, when I watched a few minutes of Love Island and TOWIE while waiting for the next TV program. Don't remember seeing any white lights, or anything, but did experience a sinking feeling of despair.
Didn’t you meet 72 virgins?

Years ago my wife's grandfather renewed his AA membership then died a week later. His widow tried to get it refunded but they refused, but they could transfer it to another person, ie Me.
About a year later I called up the AA for some roadside assistance and was promptly told: 'but you're dead'.
Took some explaining before they sent a patrol out.
Does that count?

I've had a stranger die while his head was in my lap, but he didn't come back to life.

And no, it wasn't the shock of seeing me,.

did he manage to finish first?

did he manage to finish first?
If that was to me then as it was on the main street on a Saturday afternoon, I can only say, yes he finished breathing before me.

Unfortunately not the first dead person I've had to deal with but the first who's died on me.

It's a bit of a tricky one, as it's impossible to prove you are not dead.
All you know is the illusion your brain (shut in a dark skull) feeds you via electrical/chemical signals.

I do recall only recently questioning if humans were really just basically bags to carry other stuff around in.
Over half of you, is not you in the 1st place.

My partner and I have only been together for about 1½ years and so lots of things like bank accounts , savings accounts , retirement accounts are all in our own names

She doesn't even have my parents telephone number on her phone.

So in the event of my unexpected death she doesn't really have anyway of contacting my parents , my employers , the mortgage company ...etc.

Similarly I'm pretty vague about all her financial stuff, her family is local and so I already have most of their numbers

So we've had to write letters to each other that in the event of our deaths says whom to contact not only my parents but I have a sizeable life insurance given to me from work so she'll want to know about that

Plus the details of other life insurances, the name of the 401Ks I have in the US , my French Savings account , the mortgage company, the name of the attorney with whom I have my Will registered

Still not giving her the password to my personal laptop or my Tablet though, somethings are going to the grave :)

I was reading the what happens after death thread (now closed) and it reminded me that when I was 4 years old I managed to hang myself. I was considered to be "clinically dead", but here I am 48 years later, going strong, although my left knee is a bit dodgy at times.

I remember everything up to the point of hanging myself, but not anything afterwards eg: blue lights to Derby Hospital and being in hospital.

To answer your question, no…

I died at little inside, a couple of times, when I watched a few minutes of Love Island and TOWIE while waiting for the next TV program. Don't remember seeing any white lights, or anything, but did experience a sinking feeling of despair.
Wishing you were dead isn’t quite the same as clinical death.
😉

There was a time I thought I was going to die, on an operating table having a C section but being awake. Needless to say, I didn’t.

My partner and I have only been together for about 1½ years and so lots of things like bank accounts , savings accounts , retirement accounts are all in our own names

She doesn't even have my parents telephone number on her phone.

So in the event of my unexpected death she doesn't really have anyway of contacting my parents , my employers , the mortgage company ...etc.

Similarly I'm pretty vague about all her financial stuff, her family is local and so I already have most of their numbers

So we've had to write letters to each other that in the event of our deaths says whom to contact not only my parents but I have a sizeable life insurance given to me from work so she'll want to know about that

Plus the details of other life insurances, the name of the 401Ks I have in the US , my French Savings account , the mortgage company, the name of the attorney with whom I have my Will registered

Still not giving her the password to my personal laptop or my Tablet though, somethings are going to the grave :)
I found the biggest mistake my partner of 37 years and I made was not being married as the problems I faced when she died were many.

Indeed- some still persist in saying marriage is just a piece of paper!
We had discussed it as we were/are no spring chickens with serious helth issue but never got around to it. Throw into the mix her greedy son and no will and it was a recipe for some really nasty stuff. There is a bit more protection for long term partners in Scotland but of course that costs money as you really do need a lawyer.

See here to save me retyping it all. I obviously have no memory of the event. I can't be bothered typing a text wall (it's quite funny all things considered - complete with a cast of Inuit, stunning redheads, and a special FX budget that would give bean counters an apoplexy) about the time I was a total dick and intentionally overdosed when my girlfriend at the time told me to drop dead.

I've not (that I'm aware of) but father dad has but it didn't stick (he's too stubborn).
He's had several heart attacks, (which he hid from us and didn't go to hospital), open heart surgery to get a mechanical valve fitted to replace the aorta (largest valve on the heart), cancer and struck by lightning TWICE.
And yes, he does buy lottery tickets and no, he had not won (that I know of)....

If your heart stops, aren't you technically dead? So for those of us who occasionally miss a beat (arrhythmia??) we're dead once every five minutes or so!!

I didn't die (obvs) but I had a heart attack yesterday morning. I'm enjoying the hospitality at my local hospital until at least Monday where they're talking about inserting a stent, if needed. I've been dying of bordem if that counts.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom