Anyone else offended by religious autocorrect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

usako

I’m having a friend with the name Chris. First thing, I’m not religious at all. Secondly, it’s annoying and offending me that whenever I start typing his name, autocorrect, auto completion does suggest Christ and Christmas. Additionally I think it’s offensive to other religious groups to force Christ and Christmas on them while contacting someone with the name Chris. People may happily believe in any Gods in their fever dreams, I don’t bother them. But offensive religious words shouldn’t be forced upon users of electronic devices.

Thug

I might be wrong but i think you can remove words from auto correct, so it doesn't suggest them in the future.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Not sure what device the OP is using but if its Android based all you have to do is hold your finger down on the offensive word in the prediction bar and a menu will come up including an option to remove the word from the dictionary.

OMFG Someone is offended by some words that describe something that doesn’t exist. Jeez get a grip.

Annoyed for the wrong auto correct, sure, and as described above you can easily change that, or reset it. But those words will remain when you type Chris as they are entirely normal inoffensive words used all around the world. Although I’ve just tried it, and it doesn’t try to correct it. It just offers them for auto completion purposes. So you can happily ignore without a further thought.

So the solution is to type faster 👌👍

dmpzsn

My Wife worked for a guy whos surname is Christmas, I'm sure he'll be glad his name is considered offensive.

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
Could be worse. My Whatsapp autocorrected the word 'bit' to 'bitty' the other day.

Which was nice.

If you haven't watched Little Britain, then a) you won't get the reference and b) may I recommend you do watch it before that gets banned too (if it hasn't already).

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Could be worse. My Whatsapp autocorrected the word 'bit' to 'bitty' the other day.

Which was nice.

If you haven't watched Little Britain, then a) you won't get the reference and b) may I recommend you do watch it before that gets banned too (if it hasn't already).

My OH hates that word :D

rousetafarian

‘I’m having a friend with the name Chris’.......

Poor Chris

usako

‘I’m having a friend with the name Chris’.......

Poor Chris
Poor Chris indeed, I sent him a text Dear Christ and as a devout Muslim he wasn’t too impressed. And as I was starting to type Muslim, I got the autocomplete suggestion Muslin. So Apple products are for Christians only it seems.

usako

Not sure what device the OP is using but if its Android based all you have to do is hold your finger down on the offensive word in the prediction bar and a menu will come up including an option to remove the word from the dictionary.
Android only which I wouldn’t use.

Poor Chris indeed, I sent him a text Dear Christ and as a devout Muslim he wasn’t too impressed. And as I was starting to type Muslim, I got the autocomplete suggestion Muslin. So Apple products are for Christians only it seems.
Oh don’t be ridiculous. Or would you prefer to live in a redacted world?

Even the Qur’an mentions it.

Are you going through a difficult period or something? These may help to have a chat.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
When I start typing fuchsia to talk about plants.
I get to fuc
and I get abusive word suggestions on my phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett